2nd I have to admit that I may be a horrible bridesmaid because I forgot my camera for the bridal shower and have nothing to show.
3rd this post is mostly going to talk about my amazing bus rides to Fort Worth.
Let's go back to Friday...it started out as the best day, but since that is an entirely different subject I'll save that for later. Later that afternoon, my wonderful hubby brought me to the Greyhound station. My bus from Austin to Dallas was supposed to take off at 2:25pm.
At 3pm I finally got on the bus.
I turned around and realized I was the last person they were allowing on the bus!
There had to have been at least 50 other people who had tickets for this bus.
I got the very last seat.
It was a window seat which I didn't mind, but the gentleman I was sitting by made the situation rather crowded.
He was as nice as could be and we talked quite a bit.
I had every intention of catching up on journaling, but with no tray table that was difficult.
I had other intentions of finishing book 4 of the Chronicles of Narnia Series so I could do a book review here....instead he talked.
I had grand ideas that I would get to nap part of the bus ride, but that was impossible as there didn't seem any good ways to end the conversation.
To top it off IH35 was a parking lot and it took 4 HOURS instead of 3 to get to Dallas.
My bus from Dallas to Ft. Worth was scheduled to leave at 6:50pm.
We rolled in at 7pm at which point I dashed off the bus, grabbed my suitcase and scrambled to one of the bus directors panting, "Is there still a Ft. Worth bus here".
It was my lucky day!
I got on the Ft. Worth bus and started to look for a seat.
There were quite a few very angry people.
People who had been ready to go for 10 minutes now.
I scooted past those people hoping to find an empty row that I might be able to hide in.
Nope.
But in the very back of the bus there are 3 seats together and only 1 guy back there.
I figured with a seat between us it couldn't be that bad.
He moved his stuff and informed me, "If you'd been a dude I wouldn't have moved my stuff, but since you are a lady I moved my stuff".
I thanked him kindly.
15 more minutes and we are still at the station.
The passengers are getting more and more upset.
Finally at 7:15 we hit the road...
Charlie Brown, my seat mate....decided to tell me all about his life.
Every detail, including the portion where he told me he has been off speed for 4 years.
I congratulated him.
He then said he has a heart palpitation?
He currently takes 3 medications which he attributes to his overactive energy.
Phew...he kept making comments that were off color.
I just sat there, trying to be polite and hoping that Ft. Worth would magically shift closer.
1 hour later we pull in.
I see KS one of my Brides waiting for me!
Charlie Brown goes right up to her and asks, "Is this your people"?
"Yes", I reply and then I abandon her so I can procure my suitcase...I knew we couldn't leave until I had that.
Apparently, he took the opportunity to sing my praises.
I hope he is clean and I wish him the best.
It's true that we never know how we will influence people.
Despite my uncomfortable bus rides and my initial desires to keep to myself...it's possible I may have somehow helped these 2 guys just by talking with them.
The next day was the bridal shower and KS made out!
It made me wish I could have a shower.
When I got married nearly 7 years ago I had no idea what I needed, KS obviously did.
She got FIESTA WARE, 4 of their 12 sets at least.
I had the lovely job of folding all the tissue paper after gifts were opened and I'm convinced that the bride and groom won't need to purchase any tissue paper for their entire 1st year of marriage....maybe longer ;)
It was a quick trip to turn around and head home.
I caught my 5:40 bus from Ft. Worth to Dallas and sat next to a woman who was already 1/2 asleep when I boarded.
Then I caught the 7:15 bus from Dallas to Austin and low and behold I got an entire row all to myself.
Want to know what I did?
I SLEPT!!!!!
It wasn't the best sleep, but it was sleep and my body was exhausted.
Bud picked me up from the Greyhound station at 10:15 and it was so good to be home.
Don't get me wrong, celebrating with my bride was glorious too, but there doesn't seem to be anything quite like my husbands arms!
I hope you all had a restful weekend!
I have another busy week ahead of me.
It's full of finishing some 1/2 done projects and some continued work on a major craft I've been working on.
I can't wait to fill everyone in on that one....
Pictures and a post to come soon!
Have a Blessed Monday!

No comments:
Post a Comment