How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 12 lbs
Maternity clothes? So happy to have them now as I'm definitely starting to show!
Stretch marks? Nope :)
Sleep: Is a necessity. It's hard for me to stay up late at all!
Best moment this week: Oh there were so many this past week! Bud's family arriving in town, Bud getting commissioned, and revealing the gender to everyone....keep reading if you missed the previous post.
Movement: It still only happens after I've been sitting still for quite sometime. I think I'm still too active to feel regular movement. Although, we went and saw Pirates of the Caribbean tonight and the last 10 minutes really got Bitsy going!
Food cravings: Still none. Which is convenient because I haven't really had the time to cater to eating anything special!
His mom pretended to tear up so BUD pulled a pink handkerchief out of his pocket and handed it to her!
Friday was also my Mom's birthday and since I don't live near her, we sent flowers.
The color of the flowers (PINK) indicated the gender of her future grandchild.
Needless to say everyone is excited about our impending baby girl!
Labor Signs: Still too soon.
Belly Button in or out? We seem to be flattening out.
What I miss: I miss being able to go go go without the sudden feeling of exhaustion. I don't like being limited in what I'm capable of doing.
What I am looking forward to: More time with Bud's family this week!
Weekly Wisdom: I'm learning the hard way. Know when to stop and sit down for a rest. It snuck up on me the day of commissioning. By the time of the party I was feeling off my regular game and thus I had to spend most of the party sitting and letting people come to me instead of mingling around myself.
From whattoexpect.com
Your Baby in Week 21 of Pregnancy
How big is your baby? About the size of a large banana — and speaking of bananas, if you eat one this week, there's a good chance your baby will get a taste, too. That's because he swallows a bit of amniotic fluid each day (for nutrition, hydration, and to practice digesting), so he eats whatever's on your menu — and gets to put those developing taste buds to good use. So go ahead and nosh on those nachos (or crunch those crudités): Your baby may develop a taste for them when he’s older.
How big is your baby? About the size of a large banana — and speaking of bananas, if you eat one this week, there's a good chance your baby will get a taste, too. That's because he swallows a bit of amniotic fluid each day (for nutrition, hydration, and to practice digesting), so he eats whatever's on your menu — and gets to put those developing taste buds to good use. So go ahead and nosh on those nachos (or crunch those crudités): Your baby may develop a taste for them when he’s older.
![]() |
| We are right on par according to the Dr. 10.5 in long and 12.5 oz! |



what cute ways to tell your parents the gender. so sweet!
ReplyDeleteand very interesting about the digestion thing. I had no idea they'd taste what we ate. pretty cool stuff :)
I love the way you announced the gender!! Absolutely adorable!!
ReplyDeletecongratulations to you on baby girl & to your hubby!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!! Baby girls are SO fun!!!!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on all
ReplyDeletethe BIG things
that have happened
in the last week!
So very exciting.
I was out of town
for three days, so
I'm just catching up.
Wondering if it's
still "True??" She's
going to be soooo
loved!!
xx Suzanne