about family god read it make it contact me

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bye Bye Austin

I don't know if Bud & I are capable of moving without it being crazy and hectic.
Then again I don't know if it's possible for anyone to move with out some form of craziness.
The last morning in Austin JF came over to help Bud load our bed and last minute boxes.
We were purging items that wouldn't fit into our U-Haul, we were cleaning last minute parts of the apartment, and I was running errands.
We couldn't take it any longer.
Cappy's cone that is, so I rushed off to PetSmart early in the morning (luckily they had early hours) and I purchased an inflatable cone substitute.
It looks a bit like a travel pillow, don't cha think?
Cappy was able to reach his foot, but it was still a hassle and deterrent for him to do so.  
We just knew we couldn't make a 23 hour road trip with his head in a cone.
I hustled to the leasing office to sign any final documents and say goodbyes to the staff there.
We hit the road around 11:30 am, a bit later than we had hoped.  
En route out of town we had to stop to pick up dry cleaning Bud had dropped off earlier the week before and to meet with a wonderful German woman we had met at the Farmer's market when my Mom was in town.
This German woman had made something that we purchased as a birthday gift for my Mother-in-law so I can't quite disclose it yet.
Only a few more weeks until her birthday and then I'll be sure to post a few pictures!

As we hit the road towards Little Rock, AR it didn't sink in that we would not be back to Austin anytime soon.
It felt surreal to pull a U-Haul, to look in the back of my SUV and see both dogs and a lizard bunkered down for the long haul, to see the road ahead of us and know that it was just the beginning of an epic adventure.
Every pit stop was a chance for EVERYONE to get out and stretch, use the restroom, and get some food or fresh air.  (Notice Mr. Stubbs on Bud's shoulder)
My best traveler by far, Pup!  
As soon as he was in the vehicle and we had started on the road he found a spot, curled up, and passed out until we stopped again.  
I swear he treated this trip like the night before Christmas, the sooner he feel asleep the sooner it would get here.
 Mr. Stubbs in all his glory- he got special treatment the entire trip.  Since we couldn't plug a heat lamp into the vehicle he got out at each stop to bask in the sun and soak up some heat).
P.S. Bud took this photo, it might be one of my favorites!
 The doctor had told me that we should stop about every 1.5 hours or so for me to stretch to ensure I didn't get any blood clots during our travels.
I think all the constant stops were what kept us alert as we drove the 7 hours out of Texas.
That's right, we drove for 7 hours before we were even out of Texas!
However, we made it all the way to Little Rock, AR around 10:30 pm that night and had the pleasure of meeting up with one of Bud's friends KH and his girlfriend.
They picked us up, we left the boys in the hotel room (they did amazingly well), and we went to have a late night dinner with them and catch up.  
Did I get any pictures of them?  No!  
Silly me left the camera at the hotel.
It's okay I've borrowed a Facebook photo of them so you can meet them:
We returned to the hotel at 2am and promptly passed out.
Needless to say the first day was a loooong one, but a great one all the same!

I hope you had a Blessed Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment