I recently stumbled across some pinned items that led to blogs where women talked about their bulk cooking secrets.
Did you know that there are women out there who spend one weekend a month cooking dinners for the entire month?
They plan, shop, cook, and freeze food for an entire month!!!
I'm not committed to that kind of planning.
Not to mention part of me actually enjoys cooking dinner when it's dinner time.
And, finally, I think if I spent an entire weekend cooking I'd never want to be in that kitchen again.
However, where this idea does become useful is when you know that cooking each night might not be feasible.
Let's say you about to have a baby and you don't want to have to worry about what you'll be eating, nor do you always want it to involve ordering in.
We have already been told that people will bring us meals after we get home with Bitsy and that is a huge relief and a huge blessing.
Not to mention with the slow trickle of family there will probably be homemade meals via that avenue as well.
But what about when Bud & I have to fend for ourselves?
I'm not saying that Bud can't cook, he's a good cook. What I am saying is that I don't want either of us to have to think about it much.
Well I decided to find some recipes that might work best for us and I cooked up 3 thus far equaling 6 gallon freezer bags ready to be thawed and thrown in the crock pot for easy, 'healthy-ish' dinners!
Here are 6 meals that will easily help us through the first days
on our own. Each bag is labeled with what it is, how long it
needs to cook, and if there are any additional ingredients needed.
(i.e. the Taco Soup needs sour cream, shredded cheese and
tortilla chips. items you wouldn't freeze in the bag).
So if you are looking for a few simple meals to prep and have ready for that day when you don't have time...here are a few suggestions:
and the one I whipped up last night...
So...while I may not be able to bring myself to cook a months worth of food all at once, this hasn't been too bad thus far.
Now if only I had a bigger freezer...
I hope you all had a Blessed Tuesday!
This week's verse to memorize:
"Teach the older men to exercise self-control, to be worthy of respect, and to live wisely. They must have sound faith and be filled with love and patience."~ Titus 2:2

I so need to do this once we get settled in Denver. I am finding it more stressful cooking as our family gets bigger :) and I am going nuts eating too much dine-in food since we are in transition and waiting to leave for our new home out west in 2 days!! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletei've pinned some of these ideas too and i'm intrigued. the idea of having a bunch of dinners all ready for me in my freezer is very appealing. i think i'm going to have to do some of this this fall. thanks for reminding me!
ReplyDelete