about family god read it make it contact me

Monday, October 29, 2012

Low Country Boil- Crock Pot Style!

Hey Y'all!  
I'm back from vacation!
Yes I took a week off when we moved...
...and then I just kinda went MIA for nearly 2 weeks!
I didn't plan to go MIA, I planned to pre-write all my posts before we went on vacation for 9 days.
However, it didn't happen that way and so I opted to just take a step back.
I apologize for being gone, but for the first time since I started my blog I was feeling a bit burnt out.
Luckily, our vacation came at just the right time and I am now feeling refreshed and rejuvenated and ready to take on the blog world again!
Thank you for hanging in there.
Since it is Monday and it's cold here, I've decided to share a recipe that makes me thing of warmer weather.
A Crock-Pot Low Country Boil!

Here Is What You'll Need 
-Zataran's Crab Boil Seasoning Packet
-4 celery stalks cut into approximately 1" pieces
- 1 onion diced
- 1 head of minced garlic
-2 lbs of red potatoes, cut into halves
- 4 pieces of corn or more if you have room
-1 lb of smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 lbs of medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
-enough water to cover.

Here is what you do...
Combine seasoning packet, celery, onions, garlic, and potatoes into your crock-pot.
Cook on low 4-6 hours.
Add corn and sausage to the crock-pot and cook on low 1 hour.
Finally, add shrimp and cook on low for 30 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.

This is not the kind of crock-pot meal you can just leave, but it is the kind that you'll be happy to have hovered over all day.
It's just the perfect taste of warm weather that'll bring visions of crashing waves and good times to your mind.
Use a slotted spoon to get out your food!
We sprayed ours with a little spray butter and had salt and pepper nearby for a little extra punch to the flavor buds.
I hope you can find an excuse to whip this up!

Have a Blessed Monday!

P.S. I will be posting about all our escapades over the last few weeks so keep checking back to get your fill!  We've been busy!

2 comments: