about family god read it make it contact me

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Big Girl...

Bitsy is only 6 months old, but already the changes in her are drastic.
As a Mom it is so fun to watch and also a little sad, because you realize that your baby won't be a baby forever.
But I am also excited because it means that she is growing and developing.
She sits so well!
 And she seems to be watching everything we do.
Almost as though she's trying to memorize how and why we do each task.
 Her personality is BLOOMING!
And it's faces like the one below that have me doubled over laughing each and EVERY time I look at it.
She loves to giggle.
at the sound of ripping paper, 
animal sounds (especially the real ones that Pup makes), 
her Daddy saying phrases such as, "Girlfriend" and "Whatch you talking 'bout" (both in a ghetto-fabulous high pitched tone), 
and just about anytime you catch her off guard.
 I know that all parents believe their children are the most beautiful children ever, but I just have to say I KNOW she is beautiful.
Did you know that before her baths we take naked baby in front of the mirror and practice positive body image?
Yes...I tell my 6 month old that her chubby legs are the cutest things ever and that she is adorable and cute and beautiful.
She eats it up.
BIG ole grins the entire time we fill her with positive affirmations!
 I wonder so often.....
....what is SHE thinking?
 I wonder if it is possible for me to ever express to her the amount of love I have for her.
I love her big beautiful eyes!
Her pouty lips.
Her blonde hair that looks, strawberry in certain light and then white in others!
She is the whole package!
 She's sitting in a high chair now!
She is still mainly interested in drinking from our cups and not so much eating.
I did a little reading and although she is 6 months it doesn't mean that she automatically develops a desire to ingest solids.
She may take a little while with that.
And I know she's not lacking so I'm no stressing.
We will just keep trying and wait for the day when she opens her mouth....instead of locking it tight!
 I think she likes the highchair though.
It's nice because she is higher up and can watch what I'm doing in the kitchen.
OR she can play with toys while I'm doing dishes.
I think she likes to be a part of everything now.
I get it.
Everything probably looks like more fun and interesting that we realize.
 Bud had to raise her bouncer up 2 spots because she's nearly 28" and was almost sitting on the floor!
 We upgraded the stroller and now she can fall asleep facing the world.
At least when she is awake she gets to see more of our walks.
Look at those legs!!!!
I just want to eat them up :) 
 She's been holding her own bottle for quite some time now, but what's more impressive is when she holds it with one hand.
Her fine motor skills are developing.
She is so good at picking things up and choosing which toy out of a pile she wants.
 More big news.
Her crib has arrived.
It's currently sitting next to our bed.
The transition from co-sleeping is just as much for her as it is for me.
Bud had been told by someone that if we co-slept I'd never want to stop.
But when Bud got back from 9 weeks away and all three of us where in bed I knew it was time.
She is sleeping all night in her crib now and the benefit of it being so close is that when she awakens in the middle of the night to eat...I only have to take a few steps to be by her side.
 And the last indicator that our baby is growing up and becoming a Big Girl is this.
We had to break down and buy her a new car seat.
Her infant one was slated for up to 30 lbs, but she was getting so tall and it was such a chore to get her in it that we realized we couldn't wait for her to gain 8 more lbs before upgrading.
I don't know if it could have contained 8 more lbs!
So here is this bad boy.
It's rated for 5-65 lbs.
It's rear-facing until we are ready to make it forward facing.
I think I would probably recommend this type of car seat for my Mommy friends.
Especially if they don't want to have to buy 2 car seats.

So that's about it for now.
I'm in shock of how quickly these little ones grow up, but I'm constantly reminding myself to relish each moment.

I hope you all had a Blessed Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment