"And this is the way to have eternal life-to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth".
~John 17:3
My NLT Life Application Study Bible Says the following:
How do we get eternal life? Jesus tells us clearly here--by knowing God the Father himself through his son, Jesus Christ. Eternal life requires entering into a personal relationship with God in Jesus Christ. When we admit our sin and turn away from it, Christs's love lives in us by the Holy Spirit.
This verse has been referred to as the "Definition of Eternal Life".
Simply know who God is and who Jesus was will not guarantee your everlasting salvation.
There is so much more to knowing them.
I know who the mailman is, but I don't KNOW him as a person.
I have no idea what his dreams, goals, struggles, etc are.
When we commit to knowing God we are committing to learning more about him.
Building the relationship that will fulfill both of you beyond your wildest dreams.
Knowing God is not as easy as going to church.
Who he is will not JUMP out at you as you read the Bible.
His love for you will not be fully encapsulated in worship songs.
But all of those things are small glimpses at the message he is trying to share with you.
As you go to church you must make a vow to not take the sermon at face value.
You should take notes or at the very least write down the verses that are shared with you.
Later when you find time you should open your Bible, ask God to guide your eyes to see what he has for you, and review the verses that were discussed.
Make sure they were used in proper context.
When you are finished pray that God will help you fully comprehend what you have read.
Sing his praises.
All of these things will help you to learn who God is and who Jesus Christ was.
By knowing him, by loving him, by giving yourself to him you are guaranteeing your eternal life.
Take a moment to focus on your relationship with God right now.
Apologize if you haven't been able to give him the time he deserves, I know I am guilty of this.
Thank him for his many blessings.
Ask him to guide you as you progress through your days.
These small steps will add up and your relationship with him with grow beyond what I can explain.
I hope you have a Blessed Friday!
This verse has been referred to as the "Definition of Eternal Life".
Simply know who God is and who Jesus was will not guarantee your everlasting salvation.
There is so much more to knowing them.
I know who the mailman is, but I don't KNOW him as a person.
I have no idea what his dreams, goals, struggles, etc are.
When we commit to knowing God we are committing to learning more about him.
Building the relationship that will fulfill both of you beyond your wildest dreams.
Knowing God is not as easy as going to church.
Who he is will not JUMP out at you as you read the Bible.
His love for you will not be fully encapsulated in worship songs.
But all of those things are small glimpses at the message he is trying to share with you.
As you go to church you must make a vow to not take the sermon at face value.
You should take notes or at the very least write down the verses that are shared with you.
Later when you find time you should open your Bible, ask God to guide your eyes to see what he has for you, and review the verses that were discussed.
Make sure they were used in proper context.
When you are finished pray that God will help you fully comprehend what you have read.
Sing his praises.
All of these things will help you to learn who God is and who Jesus Christ was.
By knowing him, by loving him, by giving yourself to him you are guaranteeing your eternal life.
Take a moment to focus on your relationship with God right now.
Apologize if you haven't been able to give him the time he deserves, I know I am guilty of this.
Thank him for his many blessings.
Ask him to guide you as you progress through your days.
These small steps will add up and your relationship with him with grow beyond what I can explain.
I hope you have a Blessed Friday!

No comments:
Post a Comment