I'm going to get right down to business and ask a very important question.
Do you like Nutella?
If you do keep reading, if not you can skip this post, and if you have never tried it...*gasp* stop reading NOW and run to the nearest grocery store!
You'll find it near the peanut butter.
Okay I'm glad we got that out of the way.
We LOVE Nutella in this house.
In conjunction with loving Nutella I also LOVE cream puffs.
Seriously I could eat an entire container of them by myself without thinking twice.
So...what would happen if I merged 2 of my favorite treats?
NUTELLA SURPRISE!
Here is What You'll Need:
- 5-1/2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 cup minus 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
AND for the filling...
- 6.5 oz container of Nutella
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 7 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Preheat your oven to 350ยบ and begin....
In a saucepan combine butter, milk, salt, water, and sugar.
Bring to a boil.
Remove from stove top and whisk in flour until thick & paste-like.
Transition your paste into a different bowl and allow to cool.
I left mine for about 30 minutes.
Now add your eggs and ensure you mix them well.
Finally, add your cinnamon.
Fill a piping bag with your mix.
Use a top that has a large opening.
Carefully pipe small mounds onto your baking sheet.
Obviously, mine are not all the same size.
Try not to be to concerned with making them perfect, they'll all taste just as yummy!
*note to bakers, I highly suggest using parchment paper on your cookie sheet.
It'll alleviate the issue I had with some of my puffs sticking to the cookie sheet!
Bake for 9 minutes.
This step looks weird, but it's important.
Use a wooden spoon to hold your oven door open a bit and continue baking like this for 20-25 minutes.
In the meantime you'll want to start on your filling.
Beat the Nutella, butter, and whipping cream on high until fluffy.
Okay back to the puffs.
When they are golden they are done.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
(approximately 15 minutes)
While these cool you can put your filling into a piping bag.
Use a small round top this go around.
Poke a hole in the bottom or side of your puff...
...and proceed to fill with filling.
You'll know when it's full enough ;)
Now doesn't that look delicious?
Pop a couple in your mouth and enjoy!
You can also chill these, I like my puffs a little cooler.
Either way they are a special treat!
How do you like to eat Nutella?
I hope you have a Blessed Tuesday!


I like to eat Nutella with a spoon...
ReplyDelete