about family god read it make it contact me

Monday, November 12, 2012

Pesto Ravioli with Chicken

Despite all the wonderful Pinterest recipes out there I recently fell into a cooking rut.
If it was baking I would be fine, I love to bake and I can ALWAYS find something to satisfy my insatiable sweet tooth.
Cooking on the other hand can be a more challenging task.
We aren't picky necessarily, but there are a few things we tend to stray away from and honestly zucchini and bell peppers are normally on the top of that list.
This week, however, I was ready to try something new!
Let me just tell you that this is one of the yummiest creations!

Here is What You'll Need:
 - 2 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken strips
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese raviolis
- 3 small zucchini, cut into small strips
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup basil pesto

First things first start cooking your chicken according to the packaging using the 2 Tablespoons of oil in your pan.
While that is cooking...
...cut your zucchini into strips.
Mine are about 2" long and 1/4" thick.
 Thinly slice your bell pepper.
Isn't that a pretty shade of red?
 Once your chicken is cooked, slowly add your broth.
 Add your ravioli and bring everything to a boil.
Once boiling reduce heat setting to low and cover.
Allow to simmer for 4-5 minutes.
 Stir in zucchini and bell pepper.
 Raise heat setting to medium-high and stir for about 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
 Add your pesto, stir, taste and add more if you prefer.
We ended up using 1/2 of our 7 oz container.
Now dish it out and enjoy!
I love one dish meals and I loved this meal!
It renewed my faith in zucchini and bell peppers!
So if you are looking for a little something to spice up your meal planning, this is one for the books!

Do you ever fall victim to a cooking rut?
How do you resolve it?
I think it would be easy to stop cooking for awhile, but most of us have families that need to eat so that's not an option.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Happy Veteran's Day to everyone.
I am proud to come from a long line of men and women who have served this country!  I am hoping to keep this tradition going.  Thank you to all those have have/are/or plan to serve and protect!

Have a Blessed Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment