the sewing bug that is.
My poor husband is going to be find out how bad I've got it very soon.
You may ask, "How does he now know yet"?
Well I'll tell you that for the past week and a half he's been gone most nights studying for finals and working so he hasn't been home when I've turned our living room into a fabric factory!
I made 32 ornaments as gifts, last night I made a camera strap for our photographer friend, and tonight I created one for myself (mine is a little fancier)!
| A beautiful bold print and RUFFLES in a slightly less bold print |
![]() |
| The back side has a wonderful "hidden" pocket for my lens cover |
Learning to use my sewing machine over the past few weeks has been really exciting!
I'm hopeful that someday I'll be talented enough to make my kids costume for Halloween, or make purses and home decor...oh and I can't wait to take my quilting class....I'm in trouble then!!!
On a separate note, I'm back to working out as of yesterday. My goal is to get back to 4x a week. I had surgery back in November and my Doctor put me on two weeks of no exercising....well it had been 4 weeks when I finally got back on the treadmill last night. I only did 1 mile, but I have hopes to get back to 2 miles in 30 minutes again soon.
Also, I mentioned my reading goal the other day. I had a big goal set for Dec 16th which seems and probably is unreasonable. However, my goal is to finish my Booksneeze book review VERY soon and then start reading "The Chronicle of Narnia" series. There are 7 books in the series and I have a good feeling I can read each one in 2-3 days given my current schedule. If so I might get close to my original goal...
We shall see.
I hope everyone is having a blessed Tuesday!


No comments:
Post a Comment