about family god read it make it contact me

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Baby Diaries #12

Today I had another Doctor's appointment.
Well maybe I should say I had a nurse practitioner's appointment since I didn't actually see my doctor.
Every time I go in it's the same thing.
Leave a sample.
Wait.
Weigh in.
See nurse.
Hear heartbeat.
Wait.
See doctor or another nurse.
Make next appointment.
Go home.

Today was no different, but for some reason it felt different.
Maybe it's because I only have 1 more appointment with this doctor before we hit the road.
Maybe it's because I found out today that next time I have to do my gestational diabetes test.
Maybe it's because ever since I started to feel Bitsy Hitzy kicking from the outside this all feels so much more real.
Whatever the reason I felt like I needed to take this appointment more seriously.

The first nurse gave me the entire spiel regarding the gestational diabetes test I'll be taking next time.
She gave me the orange soda like drink and told me to keep it chilled.
I have to drink it upon arriving to my appointment and I must drink the entire 10 oz within 5 minutes.
Exactly 1 hour after that I will have my blood drawn.
Also I'm not allowed to eat or drink the hour before or the hour during which I'm waiting to have my blood drawn.
She left and within a few minutes a new nurse came in.
We listened to Bitsy's heartbeat, 152 bpm.
Then she measured my belly.
The good news is that I'm measuring right on track!

Again I asked the nurse how my weight was looking.
I was quickly nearing 20 lbs of weight gain and I am just past 6 months.
She said that I was doing WONDERFULLY and she told me that based on my height and starting weight (the fact that I'm a very slender woman) I'll be gaining weight closer to the 35lb mark maybe even 40.
All the literature these days says healthy weight gain is 25-35lbs, but that is an average amount for an average woman of average height and starting weight.
I'm not quite average being that I'm nearly 6' tall and started out at 145lbs.
I was quite happy to know that I was doing good and that I was on track for a happy healthy baby!

Bitsy has been kicking up a storm the past few days and it makes me jump for joy each time I feel her getting stronger and stronger.

Well that's all for now!
I hope you had a blessed Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment