It was about having that one day a week where you don't work.
Where you rest in the spirit.
Give God your attention and find peace in the quietness.
Some of us have a hard time with quiet.
Honestly, most of us do.
How often do you go through a day in absolute silence?
Seems like in our house there is always music playing, a tv on, chatter, etc.
But what would it look like if we allowed ourselves the day of rest?
During that time we are supposed to give everything to God.
We are to cast our burdens off and trust that he won't give us anything more than we can handle.
There was something about this specific message that hit me hard.
I have a hard time handing my burdens over to God.
I typically think I can handle it myself.
Well some events in the past year have caused me to reconsider my position.
If you have been reading from the beginning you may know/recall that I mentioned that I not only blog, but I also journal.
I had my journal as a secondary place to write out my life.
It was the place where I could write things I wasn't yet willing to share on my blog yet.
However, after the message Sunday I realized I was using it as a crutch.
I hadn't actually written in it for over a month and when I looked back at what I had written I wasn't happy.
There was a lot of overlap from what my blog had and the other parts were all rants and raves about things I wasn't happy with.
It was an unhealthy outlet that God has been telling me to get rid of for quite some time.
So in order to allow myself the full ability to rest and trust that he has my back,
I threw the journal away.
4 months of writing.
Writings that were holding me back from letting go.
And let me tell you, upon deciding to cut it out of my life, I felt a weight lift.
NO SERIOUSLY!
A weight literally lifted off my shoulders and I felt a joy and sense of peace.
So I'm working hard now to be honest with you all.
To write out what I need to here.
To be 100% real.
I anticipate it will allow me to rest more in God's peace.
I hope it'll help me to hear him better in the future.
I know that I will be blessed for listening to him.
I hope you all had a Blessed Tuesday!

I used to keep
ReplyDeletea gratitude journal,
which helped me to
focus on the blessings,
rather than the things
dragging me down. I
need to start one, again!
I think it's natural to
have journal and blog
overlap, especially if
we are bringing good
thoughts and intentions
into being!
xx Suzanne