Oh what a weekend.
The weather is finally getting cool enough in the mornings that walks are enjoyable.
Since I stuffed my hubby and Friday night dinner guests with delicious high calorie avocado chicken enchiladas, homemade spanish rice, and from scratch sopapillas, I thought it only fair I encourage my hubby to get out and burn off a little of it.
We took Bitsy and headed out on our normal neighborhood route.
3/4 of the way through our walk we saw a dog traipsing towards us.
Normally, I get a little nervous when a random dog is roaming the neighborhood, but this dog was smiling and had a pep in his step.
He walked right up to Bud and licked his leg.
Then he proceeded to follow us.
Since he didn't have a collar we decided to extend our walk to see if we could find out where his home was.
Then we loaded up in the car and drove all the streets to see if anyone recognized him.
Nope.
There was no one out looking for him.
We brought him home and called animal protective services.
Apparently, they don't pick up animals on the weekend...NO ONE DOES.
So it was either let him roam the neighborhood all weekend or take him in until we could find his owners or whatever!
You can guess what we did.
He got fed, luckily I have dogs and dog supplies.
I took a few pictures of him, made a sign, laminated it (it rains here daily), and posted them at the entrances of our neighborhood.
48 hours later and we still haven't heard from ANYONE about this dog.
He's obviously less than a year old, not yet neutered, but very well mannered, and obviously house-trained.
Seriously, he gets along with our dogs and with a lot of supervision we noticed he has no issues with a 10-1/2 month old who crawls on him and tugs at him.
In fact he lays by her whenever he gets a chance.
How could a family not miss this guy?
I have a strong suspicion that his family abandoned him.
He hadn't been out long, as it had stormed the night before and he was barely wet.
He plays fetch.
He steals the ball from Pup.
He doesn't like to be alone.
We tried to have him sleep outside on the screened in porch the first night and he barked, incessantly.
So we caved and let him sleep in our room.
He curled up on a blanket on the floor and passed out.
I think he likes the chill vibe of our house.
I wish we could keep him.
But 3 dogs is too many.
Not to mention our lease only allows us to have 2 and if we want to move on base we are only allowed 2 as well.
We are setting out on a mission to find him a home.
Please pray that we are able to find a family that will love him as much as we do.
A family that won't abandon him.
It was quite the weekend.
Our houseguest has made himself at home, temporarily.
Isn't he handsome?
All your prayers are appreciated!
I hope you have a Blessed Wednesday!


Oh man, if we were closer I would be there to snatch him right up!
ReplyDeleteHe seems like such a sweetie! Being that we just went thru a dog being lost a few weeks ago, I'm going with the assumption that he was abandoned as well:( If the owners wanted him back, they would be doing whatever they could:( Poor guy and bless you guys for taking such good care of him! Hope he can find a good home soon!!
ReplyDelete