about family god read it make it contact me

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Big Tex

BIG TEX a Texas State Fair staple.  He's kinda creepy if you ask me.
There is something to be said about surrounding yourself with great friends
Great friends build you up, make you laugh, and are there when you need them.
Bud & I got a HUGE dose of this over the weekend.
Our weekend started with tickets to see Daniel Tosh Live on the UT campus Friday night.
So many of his jokes are so honestly true that it's impossible not to laugh, although there were a handful of jokes that were a little over the line.  I guess I can't complain though, because he is a comedian and I paid to go see him.  Overall though he was funny and a great start to a great weekend.
The rest of our weekend started right after as we hit the road to Dallas at 10pm!
JF & MS were our carpool buddies and although the drive was 3 whole hours I slept more often than not and the time flew by.
We arrived at my friends house at 1:30am, happy to be out of the car.
It's impossible to walk in the door and go straight to bed.  So we stayed up a little and chatted, watched part of Transformers II, and finally at 3am it was time to fall asleep and fast.

Here is a little secret about me.  I find it very difficult to sleep past 9am no matter how late I've been up.  At 8am I was wide awake and downstairs with my next book (I'll be posting the review tomorrow).  I read 1/2 of the book before waking Eric up (yes 1/2 the book, I accidentally requested a Juvenile Fiction/Religious/Christian-as it says on the back, which ended up being a super easy and quick read).

Anyways TV & KS arrived and shortly thereafter we were off to the FAIR!!!!
It was TX/OU weekend and we knew it would be madness, but for me that was part of the fun.
Since Bud & I had never been to the Texas State Fair it was on our list of things to do before we left Texas and all we knew was that there would be fried-anything available for consumption.
We had foot long corn dogs, tried fried Snickers, fried Twinkies, & ended with my favorite, a turkey leg!
Bud & KS & TV enjoyed a few rides.
MP & JP & Myself were happy just watching them on their rides.

Silly me, brought my camera, but forgot to charge the battery so I got 2 pictures before it died.
I had to carry it around all day as a reminder that I had failed, haha.
Picture 1 before camera died, our view of Downtown Dallas from the Ferris Wheel
Picture 2 before camera died, our view of the TX/OU football game from the Ferris Wheel
Meet JP & MP our friends who share our April 10th wedding anniversary
Sunday we went to church with TV & KS before hitting the road for home.
TV & KS are getting married in June.  Bud & I are both in the wedding party.  
Spending time with them is exciting as they prepare for this special day.

The great thing about friends who share a common faith is that conversations can be deeper and more meaningful.  It can be a learning experience every time you spend time with them.  I learn more about them and my love for them grows.  I have great friends!  I love them!  I need to tell them all that more often.  Make sure your friends know you love them.  It's easy to feel like they will always be there, but like any relationship, friendships need tending to as well.  I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!  I'm off to finish the laundry, oh joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment