about family god read it make it contact me

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bright Orange Jack-o'-lanterns!

Sorry I've been MIA for the past few days.
I've had a swollen throat, not sore, just swollen for 2 days now and I guess I lost my voice both in blog-land and in Austin-land.
I'd like to go back to Sunday evening though and catch you up on what we've been up to.
PUMPKINS!
We carved Jack-o'-lanterns well they did, I was too exhausted so I took a few candid photos and watched from a distance.
JF & MS came over and along with Bud gutted, designed, and carved pumpkins.
JF working hard at lining up his design.
MS...the only one of any of us to freehand her design!
Bud & his silly Mustache t-shirt, happily gutting a pumpkin.
I'd say it took them roughly 1.5 hours to gut, design and carve their pumpkins.
The finished products:
JF's Air Force Pumpkin
MS's cute Witch & Broom with a "Trick or ..." message
Bud's pride & joy a Longhorn with the state of TX branded to it's forehead.
I have to say his idea was pretty ingenious!
JF & MS took their pumpkins home that night.
Monday night, while Bud was at Acting Class for church, I carved my pumpkin.
When I was little I remember crying when I had to gut pumpkins
My finished product.  A Monogrammed "H".
It could either stand for our last name OR Halloween.
Whichever you prefer.
Bud & I's pumpkins adorning the breezeway.  We will see if they make it to
Halloween with the hot days and cold nights we've been having!
Anyways I'm hoping to have my throat back to normal tomorrow...maybe I'll have something more exciting to blog about.  In the mean time I hope everyone has a blessed Tuesday & don't forget to carve those pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment