about family god read it make it contact me

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Biped

Biped \ adj. having two feet.

I am healthy.
I have been blessed with two feet that can carry me wherever I need/want to go.
And yet, I make excuses.
I make excuses as to why I don't have time to workout for 30 minutes.
After completing my 21 day challenge I said I was going to workout 5 days a week.  
I have failed miserably at that.
All day today I told myself to make time to workout tonight.
After grocery shopping, did I want to workout?
No.
Did I?
YES!


I am so proud of myself, I am making myself get back on schedule.
5 days a week working out.  No excuses!
I have adjusted to waking up 45 minutes earlier to start work 30 minutes earlier, in order to leave work 30 minutes earlier and now it's time to take those 30 minutes and apply them to my workout schedule!


Bud has to workout to maintain a certain weight. 
That is an Air Force Standard.
As a civilian I don't have a standard to which I must measure up, except for the one I place on myself.


God blessed me with a fast metabolism.
It can also be a curse.  
For a while I used to say I was a lazy/skinny person.
Even though people thought I worked out, I didn't and it was because of that I found myself sick and tired more often.
Now when I work out I notice that I sleep better, I ache less, I eat healthier, and I feel better overall!
So no more excuses.
5 workouts/week, plain and simple.
I am going to apply one of my husband's favorite Bible verses to my life:
Proverbs 12:24 (NLT) "Work hard and become a leader, be lazy and become a slave".


Okay, well I'm not perfect, but I can really try here...so if you think about it feel free to randomly ask me how my workouts are going.  I'll thank you for it later!

No comments:

Post a Comment