about family god read it make it contact me

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Baked Potato Soup & Pretzel Hugs

So thanks to late night feedings/pumpings I've had some time to explore stalk Pinterest!
Seriously, it's become my worst addiction!
The good thing is that I've found so many wonderful ideas out there...
things to make...
things to wear...
things to read...
and of course one of my favorites, things to eat!
It struck me though that I've been pinning away and I haven't done any of the things on any of the boards.
So resolution!
From now on my goal is to make at least ONE recipe that I've found on Pinterest each week.
Some weeks I may get a wild hair, like this week, and make TWO recipes ;)

This week was the first week since Bitsy was born that I finally felt I was ready to start cooking dinner again!
That meant a REAL grocery shopping trip.
For the past 4 weeks we've been making small trips to get bare essentials.
We've been surviving on food people brought us, eating out with family in town, and food I pre-cooked.
But NO LONGER can we live this way.
Bud watched Bitsy for a while so I could slip to the store and replenish our kitchen.
In order to accomplish my goal I had to pick what pinned recipe I was going to tackle this week.
I decided on a rather simple recipe...
Slow Cook Potato Soup
source
And since I was feeling ambitious OR maybe because I had a sweet tooth I decided I should also make these:
Pretzel Hugs
source
So how did these recipes turn out you might ask?
Well Bitsy had me up bright and early at 5am and after she was taken care of, Bud was up getting ready for work, and then I was just too awake to go back to sleep...so I started on dinner.
Yes at 6:30am I started dinner.
Here is how it turned out....


All in all everything we scrumptious!
It felt good to have a fresh home cooked meal.
It felt good to have it ready by the time Bud got home from work.
I challenge all of you who are addicted to Pinterest to set a goal as well.
Maybe it's the same as mine, make one of the recipes you pin each week.
Or maybe it's as simple as make one craft a month that you found and pinned!
Whatever it may be, just do it!
Otherwise, what is the point of pinning and saving all these ideas if we never plan to actual tackle them.

I hope you all had a Blessed Tuesday!

2 comments: