about family god read it make it contact me

Monday, February 27, 2012

Baby Diaries #41

Is it cliche for me to say that time is moving at an incredible rate?
My Baby Girl is 5 Months old!
She weighs 20 lbs and 6 oz (That's up 1 lb 13 oz from last month)
She is (according to my measurements) 26" (That's up 3/4" from last month)
She is so close to rolling over it's crazy!
She cranes her neck to see what's behind her and arches her back...but then that big 'ole belly is in her way and she gets stuck.
I'm sure it won't be much longer.
She loves to Skype.
In the past couple days we have Skyped with Bud, My Dad, and Aunt K (her Godmother)
Most of the time she just stares and smiles.
Occasionally, she will add to the conversation.
I think for her it's one step better than watching TV, because at least this is interactive.
Oh and let's not forget how much she loves to look in the mirror.
We stand in front of the mirror daily and although she probably doesn't know it's her she's looking at...it sure does make her smile.
I'm thinking positive body image and confidence are being learned!
This last month Bitsy has encountered many more firsts!
First airplane ride.
First time down a slide.
Oh and my least favorite...
...her first cold.
We went to the doctor on Friday after I noticed a cough she had developed Thursday night.
I didn't want to rush her in, but the cough was wheezy sounding and I didn't want to take any chances.
Since they had an opening I took it.
The doctor said it's just a cold and Bitsy is too young to take any medicine at this point.
All we can do is run the humidifier...which we always do anyways.
Bring her in the bathroom for steam treatments...I do this too every time I shower!
And make sure she stays hydrated.
It stinks having to watch my little one rub her eyes red, sneeze until her nose runs and cough so much.
On the other hand I know it's good for her body to learn how to fight off these kinds of sicknesses.
So we've added some of this...
 into this...
...so now the whole house smells of medicine.
Bitsy has been taken extra long naps...I mean like 2-3 hour naps 2 to 3 times a day.
Even sick she is still too cute for words!
She tolerates me cleaning out her nose (for the most part).
And she is happy to just cuddle with me instead of play.
We are taking this day by day and if she isn't feeling better by tomorrow I'll be calling the doctor again.
Everything I read says that if she isn't getting better by day 5 we should have the doctor check her again.
I guess it couldn't hurt right?
Am I one of those Moms?
I sure hope not, I never wanted to be one of those Moms who freaked at the first sign of anything.
No I'm not one of them...
I'm just a regular Mom.
Trying to make my baby feel better as quickly as possibly.
Plus we only have 17 days until Daddy gets home so we need to get to feeling better quick!

I'm off to cuddle more with Bitsy...and maybe rest a little extra myself.
I hope you had a Blessed Monday!

2 comments: