about family god read it make it contact me

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Being Crafty

I'm SLOWLY picking away at my list of plans.
I'm actually quite content with what I have been able to get done.
The days have been flying by so when I do have the time to craft it's a breathe of fresh air.
As though time stands still.
(Even though it really doesn't because eventually Bitsy wakes from her naps)

For this craft you would need:
 An outline or stencil of a star.
You may want multiple sizes.
 Cereal or other similarly constructed cardboard boxes.

Paint & a paint brush of sorts.

Instructions:
 Trace and cut out your star.
 Score the star as pictured above.
 I also scored the star on the back opposite of the front score lines
So basically if the front has score marks from center to each point, the back has score marks from center to inner corner...does that makes sense?
You may have to practice a few times, but I think you'll see where you need to cut so that your star is easier to manipulate into a 3-dimensional creation.  
 Now paint your star!
 My stars required 2 coats of paint to be fully covered.
 1 completed star.
Now the stars I had on my list were front and back glued together, but I had different plans so I didn't worry about giving these stars a back.
 Instead I pulled out my trusty glue gun and some twisty ties.
 I purchased a wreath from Hobby Lobby for not 4.99....
  but 2.99 with my coupon!
 I flipped each of my stars over...
 a put a good sized helping of hot glue right in the center.
 Then I buried a twist tie in the center and left it for some time to cure.
Once they were cured I attached them to my wreath.
The reason I did it this way was so that if I later change my mind and want to use the wreath for something else...all I have to do is untwist my twist ties and off come the stars!
Easy Peasy!
 So what do you think?
 I did red & blue stars!
 and alternated them along the one side.
I could have done some white ones, but with as much white as there already is in the 1/2 bathroom...I figured the red & blue were perfect!
 I'm still undecided as to whether or not this is complete.
I might be back with some painted wooden letters later...
Maybe "God Bless"...or something similar.
Any suggestions?
For now this will have to do.
It's hanging in the 1/2 bath which is great since it was so bare in there!!!

Anyways I hope you all had a Blessed Thursday!

Linking up at French Country Cottage 
AND...










Stuff and Nonsense






Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

2 comments:

  1. That looks great, reminds me of Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, it's great! Think I'll a wreath with one big white star in the middle for the Lone Star State! Thanks for sharing
    Jane (a Texas gal) @ Passing All Understanding

    ReplyDelete