about family god read it make it contact me

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Back to 'normal'

Hello!
I'm alive.
I have not fallen off the face of the earth.
However, I did move across town.
I seriously believe that a move across town is 2x the work as a move across country...
...especially when you have a newborn.
Fortunately, my AWESOME mother-in-law was here to help us and without her I would probably still have an apartment full of stuff and ZERO unpacked boxes.

Because of her we were able to get almost all of the apartment emptied (there is maybe a box or two worth of items we still need to pack up and bring over) and I have unpacked all but 2 boxes at this point (that does not include the 6 boxes of books, they don't count because I'm waiting for Bud to build bookshelves).
It feels good to have 90% of our belongings in a place where they belong.
It feels even better to be in this home and to know that it'll be our home for the time that we are in NC!
This place is 2x bigger than any place Bud & I have ever lived in our 7-1/2 years of marriage.
I'm working hard to keep all the clutter to a minimum, because I know that a house this size could become very dirty if I don't stay on top of all the little things.
The boys seem to have adjusted rather quickly and they are in LOVE with the back yard.
They are like puppies all over again, which is saying a lot since they are nearly 11 & 12 years old.
They run and jump and catch and roll!
Life is good!

I will be back soon to show off a purchase I recently made and announce my first give-away!
Just in time for your holiday shopping needs!
I hope everyone is as excited as I am :)
Now that we are settled we can start to establish some routine for Bitsy...*yawn*
Well it's back to bed for me....can't wait until we are sleeping through the night.

I hope you all have a Blessed Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. eww ahh... can't wait for the give-a-way :) have a lovely sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you are back and the move went smooth! I especially like the update on the pups! Furbabies are just as important as human babies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how it is to move with a baby... we moved CROSS COUNTRY with D who was only a month old at the time. It was rough, to say the least! :0)
    Glad you're settled in your new home.

    ReplyDelete