about family god read it make it contact me

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Broken pipe...

The weekend we moved into the house we discovered a plumbing problem.
After running the washer we found that the downstairs bathroom had flooded.
We called our property manager and reported the issue.
She told us they would get a plumber as soon as they could.
The NEXT day...no plumber yet.
I take a shower.
I go downstairs and step in a flooded kitchen/dining room/bathroom.
It had happened again.
We cleaned up and that afternoon while my mother-in-law was babysitting Bitsy the plumber came and 'fixed' the problem.
We were on a date (mandated by the mother-in-law).
But when we got home she informed us that they had pushed the clog out and we should be fine.

Today is 6 days after the plumber 'fixed' the issue and guess what happened last night?
I took a shower.
The kitchen/dining room/bathroom flooded!
Arg!?!?
Another call to the property management office this morning and a new set of plumbers come out with in a few hours.
Turns out the pipe wasn't clogged.
It had burst.
BURST!
The plumbers told us that the guy who came out last week no longer works for the company.
Friday was his last day.
More than likely when he came out he knew that the pipe was burst, but because he knew his last day was Friday he didn't fix it the proper way.
He did a temporary fix.
That should be a crime.
The homeowners had to pay for the plumber to come 2x in 7 days.
Well I'm currently doing laundry and so far...no flooding.
I'm thinking that with the new pipe we will make it more than 6 days before we need another plumber

I can say that in an instance such as this it's nice to know that we are renting and we don't have to pay to fix the problems.

I hope you all had a Blessed Tuesday!

P.S. Black Friday will be the day I announce our give away and WONDERFUL sponsor!  I hope you are all as excited as I am!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're able to do laundry (and shower) again without flooding. Laundry is a never ending job in our house so I couldn't imagine not being able to wash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man!!! That really sucks... We've been there! That IS one of the nice things about renting, though... the problems aren't your problem! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope this finds
    you all dry and
    ready to celebrate
    Thanksgiving!
    Sending you big
    hugs from the
    Amtrak train from
    NYC to D.C.!

    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. boooo!! Well thank goodness it isn't out of pocket cost! Have a happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh is right! How annoying and so unproffesional!! Hopefully all is settled now.

    ReplyDelete