BITSY IS 6 MONTHS OLD!!!
Today we purchased a new stroller a jogger that allows her to face forwards sitting up or reclined back.
I have also ordered her new car seat.
(she's getting to tall for her current one...boo!)
So much has changed in this last month.
But let's start off with some basic stats and comparisons.
Today she weighed in at 21 lbs and 13 oz (That's up 1 lb and 7 oz from last month) = 100+ Percentile (She's actually over 100 for this stat....more on that later)
She is 27-1/2" (That's up 1-1/2" from last month) = 99th Percentile (She's tall!)
And her head circumference this time was 45 cm which is in the 98th Percentile.
Okay back to the weight topic.
Our pediatrician asked if we had any questions today.
I didn't, but Bud did.
He asked, "if her weight was normal/good"...something along those lines.
Our pediatrician informed us that according to the charts some pediatricians would consider Bitsy overweight.
However, he asked how much we were feeding her.
Since I am an exclusive pumper and we feed via bottles I was able to quickly tell him that she eats between 25-30 oz a day.
He did the math and that comes out to about 550 calories.
Based on that information he said that technically she is underfed.
BUT... he said taking that into consideration that she eats 550 calories a day and still weighs as much as she does...he is not concerned about her weight at this time.
So...the moral of this story is find a pediatrician that you trust.
I have no doubt that as Bitsy gets older and more active she will get longer and leaner, I was a long lean baby myself!
In the meantime, I plan to nibble on those rolls every opportunity that I am given!
Bitsy's personality is emerging at a rapid pace.
She can be quite mischievous at times.
And other times she is just coy and curious.
These pictures were taken on St. Patrick's Day.
Bitsy would not smile for these pictures.
Silly girl!
And no...no one was pinching her...besides she was wearing green.
Maybe she doesn't like the color green?!
Speaking of pinching, today Bitsy had her 6 month shots.
They had to give her 4 since they were out of one that is a combo of 2 in 1.
4 shots and our little girl was a mess of red face and alligator tears.
It breaks my heart!
Daddy was there for the whole process this time and he did the job of holding her still.
Which meant he got to swoop her up first and comfort her.
It's exhausting for her to have to deal with so much in such a short period of time.
While at our friends house Bud put Bitsy in his lap to sit, but she wasn't comfortable and she proceeded to wiggle her way into the following contorted position.
Despite the look of fear in her eyes...she was QUITE content at this angle.
In the last month Bitsy's desire to drink from our cups has increased drastically.
Although she has yet to figure out how to actually get anything out of the cup...her multiple attempts are quite entertaining.
(P.S. That is an empty coffee cup...no caffeine was consumed by the infant)
Bitsy's ability to sit up has increased dramatically and she seems to love the new perspective on the world.
She may not be able to hold herself up for long, but it's a drastic change from last month when 'sitting' meant being propped up on a few pillows.
Daddy is officially home from his 9 weeks of training and Bitsy took to him with no problems at all.
I love watching them together.
She loves her Daddy.
And well...he is smitten with her too!
Isn't this sweet?
Napping together on a lazy Saturday afternoon.
Bitsy is so big now that she is wearing 12 month clothing!!!
We had the fortunate opportunity to hit the semi-annual consignment sale in our area and scoop her up a bunch of dresses and shorts to help get her through the summer.
I don't know what I would have done if it hadn't been for the consignment sale...I guess I'd have to keep my eyes peeled for yard sales...which I still might do!
Another new development...as of a few weeks ago when Bud got home we attempted to start solids.
First off let me say that I didn't have a highchair.
I had registered for and received a chair that attaches to your dining room table.
I had chosen it in hopes of not owning another cumbersome piece of baby furniture.
Well being that Bud & my Dad built our table, (it's not quite finished yet...hopefully I can post on it soon....we purchased the stain today!) it's too thick to accommodate said chair.
I'll hold onto it though as it may come in use for going to friends houses and traveling.
Because of this predicament we purchased a highchair, later when she is older the legs come off and it attaches to a chair to be a booster seat.
Simple, medium priced, gender-neutral....win win win.
But let us get back to the food.
We decided to go with oatmeal mixed with breast milk only to watch our daughter spit out and gag on every single attempted bite.
So finally a few days ago I whipped out the Baby Bullet my Aunt & Uncle got for us and I made our first batch of baby food!
Bananas.
We tried them for the first time yesterday and although Bitsy still doesn't seem to want to eat, (she closes her mouth so tight) when we do get a spoonful in she seems to be tolerating it better than the oatmeal.
I know that she needs more practice.
Patience is a must when you venture into the land of solids.
Last, but not least, Bitsy is officially rolling from back to stomach to back again.
I'm convinced that if I take my eyes off her she might roll across the room one of these days.
When she is on her belly she already seems ready to get those legs moving, so I know that crawling will be here before we know it.
The best part about having a baby is watching the growth, change, and development.
The smiles, tears, giggles and tantrums are all proof that she is a little person!
I hope you all had a Blessed Tuesday!








Happy six month birthday Bitsy! I think she is totally perfect, absolutely adorable, and just fine as she is! =)
ReplyDeleteShe is just precious. I love love love her little rolls! Eeeeeeeeee!!! I would be nibbling on them all day long too! Eeee! I can't believe she is 6 months old already!! So beautiful. Just like her Mama!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you have a good pediatrician. Good luck with the solids, it's an adventure! Getting to introduce them to new foods & watch as they eat it, I love that part. :-)
ReplyDelete