about family god read it make it contact me

Monday, March 19, 2012

Basic but scrumptious chocolate cake...

In the midst of making a freezer meal for my friend who just had a baby...
I decided she needed a dessert as well!
Having been the recipient of desserts when I had my baby I knew that she probably didn't want an entire cake for her hubby and self!
So I made this into 2 equal portions and served the second to my girls when we had a movie and pizza night!
Here Is What You'll Need:
 Canola/Vegetable/Corn oil
Milk (4 cups)
3 large eggs
2 boxes of Oreo Jello Pudding
Oreos...or Wal-Mart generic knock off (Twist & Shouts)...I'm an OREO freak and these taste exactely the same!
A box of chocolate cake (I chose milk chocolate)
and water.
 Make the pudding first as per the boxes directions
 Whisk well and place in the fridge, you won't need this for about 45 minutes, but it's nice to know that something is done!
 Next mix your cake, water, oil, and eggs as directed on the box.
 This step is vital!
Grease your pan well!
You may not plan on serving this in a separate dish, but this will allow you to remove servings much easier!
 I also like to flour my dish after greasing, it makes it even easier to remove my goodies!
 If you want to make 1 big cake you can, but as I stated this was being split into 1 for a friend and 1 for girls night.
2-9" pans were just what I needed.
Follow the directions on the box...I think mine said 350* for 25 minutes.
Yours may vary.
 While you are letting that bake...take a thing of Twist & Shouts..place them in a ziplock and use a rolling pin to crush them!  I used about a tray and a half of cookies per cake.
 Remove your cakes from the oven.
 Test to make sure they are done.
I insert a toothpick in the middle and make sure it comes out clean!
If it does, which it did, I let these cakes cool for 10 minutes before continuing.
 Poke holes in your cake!
 I used the end of my spatula.
 Remember that pudding we made earlier?
Take it out of the fridge and pour 1/2 onto each cake or all on 1 cake if you made a larger version.
Finally, you can pour your cookie crumbs on top.
It's similar to dirt desert, but I like to call it Mud Pie.
If you wanted to add gummy worms you could for sure.

Another tip.
If you want to make this, but don't want to make a full cake.
You could make 2 round cakes like I did.
Only make one box of pudding and only crush 1/2 a package of Oreos.
The 2nd cake you make...once cooled completely, put it in a ziplock bag and freeze it.
1.) That'll lock in the moisture
2.) Later when you need a cake in a hurry you can thaw your cake, whip up the pudding, and crushed Oreos real quick and VOILA! No baking time!

The girls that came over to watch a movie with me all enjoyed the cake and said that it was moist.
I don't credit Betty Crocker for that...I will credit the Jello!
It seeps into each inch of this cake making it scrumptious!

I hope you had a Blessed Monday!

P.S. Today is my Blog BIRTHDAY!
I've been a happy blogger for 2 whole years and my how life has changed in that time.
Thank you everyone for making me feel so loved and blessed each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww Happy BLOG birthday! :) :) So glad I found your blog! YUMMY cake!

    ReplyDelete