about family god read it make it contact me

Monday, March 26, 2012

Big Kid Mac & Cheese

Although I can still eat a box of mac'n'cheese and enjoy it...
I don't think it's the same as when I was a kid.
So now I need Big Kid Mac & Cheese.
Here Is What You Need:
16 oz of macaroni (cooked according to box directions)
1 can of cream chicken
1 can of cream of mushroom
1 (4oz) can of mushroom stems & pieces
1 can Rotel
1/2 or whole small onion (depending on how much you like onions)
1 small green pepper
1 lb 2% Velveeta or equivalent (notice my Wal-Mart brand).
1 (12.5 oz) can chicken breast OR if you have chicken shredded already use that 
(you can learn how here, it's great to make and keep in the freezer for occasions such as these)
FIRST: Spray your crock-pot with non-stick spray, makes clean-up so much easier!
 Put your cooked macaroni and shredded chicken in your crock-pot.
 Drain your mushrooms. 
(if you don't like mushrooms feel free to nix this from the recipe, if my hubby were here I'd have to go without!)

 Add your soups, rotel, and mushrooms.
(Again if you don't like mushrooms, get 2 cans of cream of chicken and forgo the cream of mushroom)
 Cut your 1lb of Velveeta into cubes and add to crock-pot.
 Chop onion & green pepper, add to crock-pot.
 Add about 1/2 cup of water to the pot.
Now give everything a good stir.
Cook on low for 2-3 hours.
I recommend stirring occasionally.
Then serve!
 
 We've been having some cooler rainy days so this has been an enjoyable meal to have on hand!
The other great part is that since this only takes 2-3 hours in the crock-pot you could prep everything the night before and when you get home from work/school you can throw it in and dinner will be ready by the time everyone is home!

I hope you had a Blessed Monday!

2 comments: