about family god read it make it contact me

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Book #39: Harriet Beamer Takes The Bus - Joyce Magnin


Harriet Beemer is a widow who lives alone with her Bassett hound.
She is active in her church and community.
She is well liked.
Her life is somewhat predictable though.

One Christmas while waiting for her son and daughter-in-law to arrive from out of state, restless Harriet begins the task of decorating the Christmas tree on her own.
What happens next sets Harriet up to take the adventure of a lifetime.
Because of an injury her daughter-in-law coerces her to move across the country to live with them.
Instead of taking the easy route, Harriet 'rebels' and decides to travel cross country using as much public transportation as possible.
The adventures and people she encounter along the way give Harriet just the spark she needed to feel alive again.

I received this book to review and although it was one I probably would have grabbed off the bookshelf at the store, I was glad I had the opportunity to read it.
I found myself reading through chapters quickly, just to she was kind of shenanigans Harriet would face next.
I honestly wished that Harriet was my own grandmother.
I felt as though she was my grandmother while I was reading.
I was curious to see what other silly conversations she would start or what her next leg of her journey would unfold to her.

If you are looking for a nice summer read, grab a glass of lemonade, find a rocking chair and dive in.
Are you ready to start thinking outside of the box, here is your inspiration for how to get around the next time you take a trip!
I hope you get a chance to find this book.
Enjoy!

I hope you have a Blessed Saturday!

I received this book free.  I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions I have expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

1 comment:

  1. I need a good book to read...I'll have to consider this one, as well as, looking over some of your past reviews.

    ReplyDelete