about family god read it make it contact me

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pretzel Bites

I love pretzels.
Not the hard kind you buy in the chips aisle.
The soft ones...especially the ones you get at the mall!
I decided it was time I make my own.

Here Is What You'll Need:
-Rhodes Dinner Rolls
Yes it's this easy!
 Place your rolls in a dish to rise for 3-5 hours.
Since they are frozen they need to thaw before they will rise.
 Once they have risen....
 Cut each roll into 4 equal pieces.
 Place on a greased cookie sheet.
Allow to rise for 30-45 minutes until they double in size.
Get a big pot, fill with water and allow it to start to boil about 15 minutes before your ready to start working with your dough again.

For the dipping sauce you'll need:
 -1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
-1 tablespoon melted butter
-1 teaspoon vanilla
 Combine well and you'll have your vanilla glaze.

Okay back to the dough.
Make sure you have a plate nearby that has a layer of paper towels on it.
 Drop about 10 of your bites into the boiling water and toss gently.
 Remove using a slotted spoon and place on paper towel to drain slightly.
 Quickly remove from paper towel, so they don't stick, and place back on greased baking sheet.
Now bake for 15 minutes at 375ยบ
 When they emerge from the oven you should brush them with a light coating of butter.
 Now place them in a cinnamon sugar mixture
(1 cup sugar and 1-1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon).
Place them in a dish.
Take one.
Dip in the vanilla glaze.
Enjoy your homemade pretzel bites!
I'm hoping to try these again doing a traditional pretzel bite with cheese dip and another parmesan pretzel bite.

What combinations would you like to see?

I hope you have a Blessed Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment