about family god read it make it contact me

Monday, June 18, 2012

a la Chicken Caesar Sandwiches!

I love Chicken Caesar Salads.
When I found this recipe I knew I had to try it.
Let me tell you, it's delicious!
AND 
It's easy.

Here Is What You'll Need:
-2 lbs shredded chicken
- 1 cup of your favorite Caesar dressing
-1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
-2 teaspoons dried parsley (I have a secret I recently learned..stay tuned)
-2 cups shredded romaine letuce
-4-6 hamburger buns
-pepper to taste
Place chicken in the crockpot.
Cover with dressing, parmesan, pepper, and now for the dried parsley.
While staying with a friend in Austin I was cued in on this little dried herb secret.
Rachel Ray...LOVE HER...has this saying "Wake Up Your Spices".
Apparently, BEFORE you put your dried herbs in you should place them in the palm of your hand and rub your palms together.
This helps crack them and release the flavor that otherwise might go unnoticed.
Neat Huh?!
Guess what...it works....you can taste the difference.
Okay back to our sandwiches.
Cover and heat on high for 30 minutes.
Or if you are like me, turn it on just before church on Sunday, on low, and it'll be perfect when you get home.
We didn't shred our lettuce...
Spoon your mix onto the lettuce and bun and enjoy!
It's the refined, not so messy cousin of the Sloppy Joe.

I hope this finds it's way to your table!

I hope you had a Blessed Monday!


feed my family friday

No comments:

Post a Comment