Let me start off by saying how much my husband loves me.
How do I know?
Well it has to do with asking him to snag someone else's garbage from the curb.
A while back while driving into our neighborhood, I noticed a family moving out.
That happens a lot around these parts, military and all.
At the curb they had placed a small coffee table, 2 children's overstuff chairs, and a box tv.
We left the tv, but Bud made 3 trips back and forth to get the coffee table and chairs.
The chairs, we have decided we will not redo...instead we have them listed on craigslist.
The coffee table though, that I had plans for!
Here she is in all her glory...
I'm not sure what the people before me were doing.
The random black stripe?
Anyways we needed a coffee table for our back porch.
So Bud started sanding...
...he roughed it up just as I had read we should do.
Even though I am capable of doing this step, it's nice to sit back and watch my handsome hubby working.
I tackled the next part.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find the flat black spray paint that is also a primer.
So I did a furniture make-over no no.
I skipped the primer.
I sprayed the base first.
1 entire can of paint!
The I did around the end of the table top.
I had different plans for the top itself.
My hubby is awesome.
While I was painting the top he grabbed my camera and shot a few pictures of me.
I rarely get those!
So what am I doing to the top of the coffee table?
CHALKBOARD Paint!
3 total coats of it.
I'm so excited for relaxing on the porch, playing tic-tac-toe, drawing coasters for everyone...
...if we don't have a covered patio at our next house, whenever we move next, maybe this will go up in the kids play room....how fun to have a chalkboard table?
Now I just need to keep scouring Craigslist for some chairs for back here.
Have you used chalkboard paint?
What kinds of things have you painted with it?
I hope you have a Blessed Thursday!



oh my gosh!! so fun!! chalkboard paint was genius!
ReplyDeleteWell, first off, so happy your hubs picks up the camera every once in a while. It stinks when you realize there are hardly any pictures of you with the kids. We used chalkboard paint to paint the front of our bar in our movie theater/game room at our home in VA (miss that room), then we were able to write whatever beverages &/or food we had to offer that night. Great for get togethers! I like your table, we have a chest we were given that holds the boys toys & I've been contemplating painting it so they can doodle on it. I used to love my chalkboard!
ReplyDeleteFun idea! I love finding things others have cast off and making new again!
ReplyDeleteFantastic idea! I want to make one now. :) Hope you are doing well, friend!
ReplyDeleteCool! I've used chalkboard paint in my kids bedroom on their walls.
ReplyDelete