about family god read it make it contact me

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Being Self-aware

Picture of a church I took some time ago.
I really love black and white shots
Another productive day!  I love it when that happens.  I woke up at 7:30 to finished editing the pictures from the Body Building Competition and burned them to a disk.  Bud left to volunteer at church at 9:10 while I finished getting ready.  It was a really good service again!  We are on week 3 of The Dream Maker and today we focused on Listening To Your Life Coach.  We learned about self-awareness and realizing that we all know that "There is a quiet & ever present whisper in our life".  We have to stop, quiet ourselves, and listen in order to under to hear the calling for our life.
A few key verses today included:
Acts 2:17
In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your Sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions, 
your old men will dream dreams






Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus to do good works, 
which God prepared in advance for us to do
Romans 2:12
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, 
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. 
Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-
his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Our pastor made a joke that he texted ChaCha (242-242) the question: What is the meaning of life?
Their response: That is a very deep answer to reply within a  text message.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another excerpt from Eat, Pray, Love:

"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort.  You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and some times even travel around the world looking for it.  You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings.  And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it, you must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.  If you don't, you will leak away your innate contentment.  It's easy enough to pray when you're in distress but continuing to pray even when your crisis has passed is like a sealing process, helping your soul hold tight to its good attainments".







------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My handsome hubby in uniform!
On a final note the rest of our day was spent at the AFROTC Orientation.  This is when prospective cadets and their parents stop by and get a chance to ask questions and learn more about the program.  
So after a seriously productive weekend I'm excited for the school year to start tomorrow.  I know that I don't have classes, but as Bud starts this school year I realize we are only 2 semesters away from his commissioning and only about 1 week from finding out where we will be stationed!  This is going to be a BIG year.  Finally, I'm so proud of myself I successfully blogged for a week straight, now I just have to keep up with my 8 books in 8 weeks!  


I hope everyone has a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment