Anyways, this entire situation irritated me. I have to laugh because I believe it was just yesterday that I posted that I am too attached to TV, Texting, and now I realize internet can be added to that list of things that I'm too attached to. Instead of griping about not having internet I could have easily spent more time reading more from Eat, Pray, Love. Oh well, I have found a way to blog today and tomorrow once I'm home from a day at the amusement park I hope to be able to blog about that too.
Back to Eat, Pray, Love. Today's excerpt:
"As smoking is to the lungs, so is resentment to the soul; even one puff of it is bad for you. I mean, what kind of prayer is this to imbibe--"Give us this day our daily grudge"? You might just as well hang it up and kiss God good-bye if you really need to keep blaming somebody else for your own life's limitations".
How strong is this statement. we allow ourselves each and every day the choice of how we will react to everything. How many of us view situations negatively, or automatically assume the worst in people? I am guilty of occasionally doing this. Case in point, calling the cable company and assuming they would not be able to fix the internet/cable for a week. Okay well maybe I was correct about that. The first guy did say it would be a week before they could get someone out to our place to replace our box, however, the second guy was able to narrow that gap down to Thursday night. Anyways, I'm guilty, even though I view myself as a highly optimistic, happy-go-lucky, no worries kind of person. When things start to go wrong I assume the worst and prepare to go on a war rampage. Haha! I laugh at how ridiculous this sounds, but it's true. Ask my husband about attempting to return a wig to Party City around Halloween and he is sure to tell you that when we were refused a refund the refuser was ripped a new one. In fact I'm pretty sure that when he said he was sorry for the inconvenience, I corrected him and told him he wasn't sorry.
The moral of this is that we all have the option to be happy, mad, sad, irritated, elated, etc. No one else can change your mood. My goal is to try even harder to be on top of my own emotions and to exude the type of person that God wants me to exude. I want people to see a Christian when they look at me. Help hold me accountable for my actions and in the mean time I'll pray for continuous peace!
That is all for now! I hope everyone has a blessed night!

No comments:
Post a Comment