about family god read it make it contact me

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Blocks

I can finally talk about the craft I was working on.  I had to keep quiet until everyone had received and opened their presents.  Anyways, the first set of blocks I made were for a friend who is a teacher.  Her birthday was this last week and because her classroom is jungle themed and I wanted to give her something she could use in there.  So here are a few of the blocks I created:


These might be a little hard to read M-I-S...obviously there is another S, but it is the same design as the M.  This was a really fun craft for me because it allowed me to use power tools.  First we went to Home Depot and purchased a 2x4 piece of lumber, then I had then cut it for me in 4" segments.  Once home I was able to use my hand sander to sand all sides and edges.  A few coats of paint and modge podge-ing both the paper and letters, then tying a ribbon around each to finish them off!  I have considered selling these on ETSY, but I just don't know if there would be much of a demand for something like this.  I also made a set for my newest cousin:
Her entire room includes the above colors and lots of pink monkeys
I absolutely love crafting and sometimes I wonder if my husband thinks I'm crazy.  He assures me that he thinks it's normal and that he loves me.  I love hand making gifts for people and seeing their reactions when they open them.  Last year I knit about 12 scarves in about 2 months as gifts for everyone.  There is something about pouring your love and time into something that makes gift giving that much more fun!  I hope everyone is having a blessed weekend, I'll see you tomorrow.

P.S. My Aunt just sent a picture of the blocks in Ava's room

I am so glad they match so well!!!

3 comments: