about family god read it make it contact me

Sunday, August 15, 2010

By-walk

By-walk\ n. A secluded or private walk.

God says He knew you before you were born. He says He has plans and dreams for you. If that’s the case, why doesn’t He just shoot us an email and let us know what the plan is, right? Why do we struggle so much with finding our purpose, that evasive sense of satisfaction that comes from doing the very thing we were created to do? 


The above passage is from our church website.  It explains what we are spending this 4 week session learning about.  Today was week 2 of this message series.  This week we discussed "What's Stopping You".  We started by talking about Discover Your Dream.  Our pastor talked about how we will experience a "Holy Discontent" and that it will cause us to want to actively get involved.  Typically those moments when we feel that discontent are the moments when we are realizing our calling and when we are able to see the dream that God has placed on our lives.  Psalm 37:4 says Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Exodus 4:11-12 says The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth?  Who makes him deaf or mute?  Who gives him sight or makes him blind?  Is it not I, the LORD?  Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say".  
In both of these statements I realize that God is in control of my life.  If I Accept the Invitation to Let Go and Let God I will see his plan and if I allow him to take control on my life and his plan I will find peace in this.  I struggle with being a control freak.  I like to know everything that is going on, when, where, what, and who will be involved.  I have a hard time allowing others to take leadership roles for fear that it will fail.  I must if I ever want to find that total peace allow others to have their turn.  I must Be Grateful and Humble with Success. 
I have stated previously that I have allowed others ideas to influence my dreams.  I have allowed others ideals influence my own.  Having people tell me that getting my associates is not enough, that I should get my bachelors in order to feel complete.  I should get my bachelors in the event that my husband leaves me.  What would I do if I were suddenly single without a "full" degree?  I don't have doubts about my marriage, but I have had doubts about my stopping points.  After getting my associates I momentarily considered going for my bachelors degree via online schools.  I took prayer and listening to God's will for my life to suddenly feel at peace with my decision to stop at my associates for now.  Having a supportive husband helps too.  He knows that I'll push myself as hard as I can, that I'll give until I have nothing left to give and then continue to try.  He knows that trying to stop me can be detrimental to his health (this is a joke...kinda).  But he also knows that by supporting my decisions and praying for me that I will find the ability to finally say, "No".  To stop wearing myself down to allow myself time to rest and to find pleasure in this.  Bud's support in my decision to stop at my associates was more influential than all the nay sayers pleas for me to continue.  As we start this last year in Austin I am going to try my darndest to let go and let God.  I hope that anyone who knows me and reads this will tell me if they see me spreading myself too thin.  I hope people will remind me to let go and let God. 
Thank you to all those people who HAVE encouraged me to get where I am and who SUPPORT me the way they do.  To everyone else all I can say is thank you for your concern, but I'll be fine, I've got God on my side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment