28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
![]() |
| Bring everything to God. No matter the size. Everything from a bad day to a major loss. Know that if he brings us to it he can bring us through it! |
Galatians 6:1-10
1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, 5for each one should carry his own load. 6Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor.
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature[a]will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
I found out this morning that a girl I went to high school with lost her husband this morning. I don't know a lot of details. I wasn't necessarily friends with this girl in high school. My husband & I went to church with her parents. However, when I found out that she lost her husband, my heart literally felt heavy. I prayed for her, her family,and her husband's family on my way to work this morning. I walked around with a heavy heart all day. Tonight's small group message hit home tonight. It reminded me that we are supposed to help carry the burdens of our fellow Christians, by helping them carry their burdens we ultimately help them receive peace. We celebrate and grieve with our family & friends. It's what we are meant to do. We are to love like Jesus and if Jesus knew you lost a loved one he would grieve with you, he would kneel down next to you and hold you. We should do that more, we should go to our friends when they are down instead of faking a facade and saying I'll pray for you. We SHOULD pray for them, in fact I challenge you....the next time you are talking with someone and they ask for prayer instead of saying, "I'll pray for you". Right there, right then ask, "Can I pray with you now". I can't be with this high school associate as she struggles through this loss, but I can grieve and pray for her and pray that God will grant her peace. That is what I will do and the next time I see her, maybe a high school reunion, I will hug her and tell her I prayed for her. I can't imagine losing my husband. If you are married, take a moment to look at your spouse and thank GOD for them. Thank God for providing you with your perfect partner and then tell your spouse that you love them and that you are thankful for them.
I hope everyone has a blessed evening.


beautifully put Liz......
ReplyDelete