Total weight gain/loss: I think about 7-8 lbs so far.
Maternity clothes? Just a few. I finally caved and bought 2 outfits. 1 denim skirt, 1 pair denim capris, and 2 maternity t-shirts.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Not as sleepy as I was during my first trimester. However, when it's time for bed I'm out like a light!
Best moment this week: I had another Dr. appointment Tuesday the 19th and I got to hear the heartbeat again! 152bpm!
Movement: Not that I'm feeling yet...I'm
Food cravings: Nothing yet, but let me explain something. I used to get food cravings all the time when I wasn't pregnant, I used to joke that I would stop having cravings when I got pregnant. So even though I'm steering towards fresh fruits lately, it seems normal for me because fresh fruit and hot weather go hand in hand!
Gender: Still unknown. HOWEVER, at the appointment we got to schedule our gender ultrasound! So come May 18th I'll know and come May 20th EVERYONE will know! I still think this is a little boy in here though.
Labor Signs: NO! Thank you.
Belly Button in or out? Still an inney ;)
What I miss: Is it bad for me to say that I miss beer? I haven't had one since August!
What I am looking forward to: Bud's last day of school, ROTC Dodgeball Tournament, ROTC Formal Parade change of command ceremony, and maybe feeling baby move *fingers crossed*.
Weekly Wisdom: My Grandma telling me she is a big proponent for onesies since baby outgrows everthing so quickly.
From whattoexpect.com
Your Baby in Week 17 of Pregnancy
My how your baby has grown! She's about the size of your palm, weighs about five ounces, and is developing some body fat (join the club, baby!). Her heart is now regulated by her brain (no more random beats) to beat 140 to 150 times per minute — about twice as fast as yours! What else is up? She’s practicing the survival skills she’ll need at birth — like sucking and swallowing.
Your baby is almost certainly listening up by now. In fact, loud noises — the dog barking, the doorbell ringing — will actually startle your baby (and also get him or her used to such noises; for instance, fetuses who regularly hear a dog barking will become babies who sleep right through Fido's outbursts). Your baby's eyes (which have fortunately finished their migration to the front of his or her head) are making small side-to-side movements and can even perceive some light, though the eyelids are still sealed.
![]() |
| Bitsy Hitzy is the size of an Onion this week! SOURCE |
I hope you are all having a Blessed Monday!


Sending you and
ReplyDeleteyour little onion
'lots of love today!
Glad you are feeling
great....Sounds like
so much to look forward
to, as well!
Hugs,
xx Suzanne
Aww the size of an onion...good visual:) So glad things are going good. I couldn't wait to find out the sex. I was one of those people!
ReplyDelete