Sometimes this happens because other plans need to be made.
Today was a perfect example of this.
Let me rewind.
Friday night I got an email from Suzanne.
She's a blog friend and the author of Privet and Holly.
I love how she writes.
She has a way with words and everything she write is like poetry.
Anyways, I got an emails from her telling me she was in a nearby town and wanted to know if I would be free to grab lunch.
Well as far as luck, if you believe in that, would have it our plans had changed and I was free!
Originally, Bud & I were supposed to be in Waco for ROTC field day.
My responsible hubby decided that he should instead put this day to better use and got started on his 10 page final paper.
I drove 45 minutes to meet wonderful Suzanne and her equally beautiful mother.
| She's beautiful inside and out! Oh and she definitely doesn't look old enough to have a 16 year old. |
Gingerbread pancake mix from Kerbey Lane Cafe.
It's kind of a local favorite hotspot as far as pancakes go.
We enjoyed a delicious lunch and talked for nearly 3 hours!
I didn't anticipate what happened during lunch though.
Suzanne almost brought me to tears when she handed me a gift bag with these:
| I've been gaga over Fiestaware for years. She told me that we would have to use these when she comes to visit me in North Carolina. |
![]() |
| In the meantime, I'll use mine each time we have a virtual coffee. Decaf for me, with one hazelnut creamer & 1 scoop of sugar. And I'm so happy I got to meet you "for real" too! |
Thank you Suzanne!
Thank you for taking the time to meet me.
For allowing me to share time with you and your amazing mother.
For your kind gift that means more than words.
For the emails and cards that have been words my heart needed to hear.
I pray for you and your family and I hope you enjoy the rest of you time here in the Lone Star State.
For everyone else, I hope you had a Blessed Saturday, I know I did!


Gorgeous friend, your
ReplyDeletesweet spirit stayed with
me long after we parted
ways : ). We could have
gabbed for hours! You
reminded me of why I
blog and represent all
that is good, kind and
true in our world. Can't
wait for that N.C. coffee,
but until then, I'll have to
settle for a virtual one.
(Just cream, please!)
Hugs,
xx Suzanne