about family god read it make it contact me

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blues & Ballgowns

I apologize profusely for my inability to keep a regular schedule lately.
I had every intention of sitting down and writing about all the fun activities I did this weekend, but somehow time slipped by.
So here we are.
Tuesday night.
Post grocery shopping.
Post dinner.
Pre-cleaning.
Pre-showering.
Pre-bedtime.
I think I'll spend the next few days filling you in on the weekend and then Friday I'll be back with Bible Verse Friday!
I always hate missing BVF, it helps set my soul straight and the feedback from everyone is always a nice reminder that I'm not typing to hear my fingers clickity-clack against the keyboard.
Anyways, let me move forward.

Friday was my pamper me day.
Every year Air Force ROTC has a formal dinner.
And every year I take that opportunity to go spoil myself all day and get dolled up for the night.
This year was no exception.
I booked my appointment at Frenchy's Beauty Parlor w/ my wonderful stylist Kallie.
First we did my highlights, it'd been a year since I'd had them done, fortunately she did such a good job last time, they grew out rather inconspicuously.
Then she touched up and added a few new layers to my hair.
Finally she styled it for the big night.
The thing about Kallie is that the entire time she asked me questions about what I would like, but I saw her grin each time I told her, "Kallie, I trust you, do whatever you want".
The finished product
After Frenchy's I grabbed a quick bite to eat and headed to my 2nd appointment of the day.
A Mani/Pedi at Embellish!
They know how to make a girl feel like a girl.
They everything is elegantly decorated and the big tv's hanging on the wall play nothing but chick flicks.  While I was there I caught the end of The Wedding Date  w/ Debra Messing & the beginning of My Girl.
It was heavenly.
Finally it was time to come home, do my make-up and head to dinner with the hubby.
How handsome is this man standing next to me?
He's a little excited about Bitsy Hitzy
It's so much fun seeing everyone dressed up and mingling before and after the wonderful dinner.
AT & KS are getting married July 30th!
They are a great couple and we love hanging out with them.
KS & TV have less than 2 months until their big day
and we can't wait to walk down the aisle again as
bridesmaid & groomsman to support them!
The great thing about fun couples and ROTC and knowing each other for a few years.
It's always fun to be around these people!
KS (the female) didn't think she'd been in enough photos
yet so she jumped in on this one ;)
And let's not forget Bud & his Best Friend JF
JF made dinner so much fun.
A few birthdays ago we gift him a fork like this:
Airforkone
source
Well he brought it and exchanged his proper dinner fork with this one in honor of his pilot's slot!
That is a completely random, but just an example of how much fun these people are to hang out with.
All in all as far as our LAST AF ROTC dining out goes, I have to say it was nearly perfect.
Only 38 more days until Bud Commissions!

I hope you have a Blessed Tuesday.

1 comment: