A few weeks ago I talked about starting my first garden.
I was nervous because I typically suffer from a black thumb.
But I've always wanted to grow a garden.
I've always wanted to pick my own produce and know where it came from and whether or not it was organic and pesticide free.
Well I finally took the plunge and after uncovering this planter during our garage clean-up I took a trip to Home Depot to get some tomato plants.
(Yes I decided not to start from seeds this year...maybe another year).
Here is what it looked like 17 days ago.
But I've always wanted to grow a garden.
I've always wanted to pick my own produce and know where it came from and whether or not it was organic and pesticide free.
Well I finally took the plunge and after uncovering this planter during our garage clean-up I took a trip to Home Depot to get some tomato plants.
(Yes I decided not to start from seeds this year...maybe another year).
Here is what it looked like 17 days ago.
Here is what it looks like this week!
It's nearly tripled in size.
The best part is that I can see little buds on it.
It's nearly tripled in size.
The best part is that I can see little buds on it.
About a week after I planted the tomatoes on the bottom I decided to sow my green beans on top.
The package said it would take 7-10 days for them to germinate.
I waited and at day 10 I was getting nervous, nothing had popped up.
Was it possible I already killed them?
Then on day 11 I peeked in and saw this little guy!
The package said it would take 7-10 days for them to germinate.
I waited and at day 10 I was getting nervous, nothing had popped up.
Was it possible I already killed them?
Then on day 11 I peeked in and saw this little guy!
A few days later, Tuesday, I looked in and saw this!!
17 seedlings growing tall and strong!
17 seedlings growing tall and strong!
Wednesday morning, only one day later I water them and saw this:
My heart is doing a little jig.
I am so excited to see my little gardening experiment thriving.
Depending on this years 'harvest' will depend on what and how much I plant next year.
I'd like to plant 4 tomato plants next year....hopefully one of which will be grape or cherry tomatoes.
Maybe I'll grow lettuce? potatoes? cucumbers?
What are your favorite veggies?
Did I mention that I was worried my little garden wasn't getting enough sunlight on our back porch?
Well I'm no longer worried.
I'm glad too, because I didn't want to move it to the front porch.
The back porch is screened in so the number of bugs is drastically less than if I had my garden elsewhere.
I'm thankful for Miss Alicia's Challenge, it was just the encouragement I needed to transform my thinking.
Maybe I only have a black thumb when it comes to houseplants...
If you aren't already linking up with her 'the happy day project' you should.
I am so excited to see my little gardening experiment thriving.
Depending on this years 'harvest' will depend on what and how much I plant next year.
I'd like to plant 4 tomato plants next year....hopefully one of which will be grape or cherry tomatoes.
Maybe I'll grow lettuce? potatoes? cucumbers?
What are your favorite veggies?
Did I mention that I was worried my little garden wasn't getting enough sunlight on our back porch?
Well I'm no longer worried.
I'm glad too, because I didn't want to move it to the front porch.
The back porch is screened in so the number of bugs is drastically less than if I had my garden elsewhere.
I'm thankful for Miss Alicia's Challenge, it was just the encouragement I needed to transform my thinking.
Maybe I only have a black thumb when it comes to houseplants...
If you aren't already linking up with her 'the happy day project' you should.
I hope you all had a Blessed Thursday!

what a cool thingy! your tomatos are going crazy!! awesome, easy gardening. love that. thanks for linky, sweet pea :)
ReplyDeleteGardens are so fun!! Growing up, we always had a HUGE garden and I always had to weed it... That's the un-fun part!! :0)
ReplyDeleteI love your new blog look. Of course, it's probably not new to you.. But since I've been offline so long, it's new to me! :0) Very pretty.
great job!
ReplyDeletei cannot keep house plants alive either, maybe i should try this! ;)
xo