about family god read it make it contact me

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Making Our Gallery Wall Step 1...

I have been so inspired by all the gallery walls I see on Pinterest lately that I knew it was time we made one of our very own.
The only problem was that I didn't have enough frame that really went together.
I have a hodge podge of frames.
So instead of trying to go purchase all new frames I knew I could just re-finish these to make a more uniformed look.
First and foremost I wiped down all my frames to remove any traces of dust.
Since I wanted to protect the surrounding area from any paint I decided to use the cardboard box our crib mattress came in.
You can piece together cardboard boxes or purchase a drop cloth for your own paint projects.
Next I used Krylon Dual Paint & Primer
*Krylon did not endorse this post....all opinions are 100% mine.
The great thing about this paint is that it's 2 in 1. 
I hate dealing with priming before I paint.
I prefer instant gratification!
I laide my frames in the box and began spraying in even rows.

There is something gratifying about watching all the frames transform into something fresh and new!
I put my first coat on and then waited about 45 minutes before putting on my second coat.
The instructions said that additional coats should be painted within an hour or after 48 hours.
Isn't that a weird time frame?
I got all my coats on and allowed it to sit out in the sun for a few hours to dry.
That night I brought the box into the garage and allowed them to finish curing for a few days.
Now I have a lot of pretty black frames that are waiting for pictures.
I'm in the process of getting my pictures in the mail so I'll be posting soon once I have al my frames filled and up on the wall!

I hope you have a Blessed Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see when your done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome - can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to look great!

    That was so clever to use the crib box as your painting station--I wish I had kept mine now!

    Looking forward to seeing your reveal!

    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete