about family god read it make it contact me

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Book #37: Seal of God - Chad Williams

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends". ~John 15:13

Book Synopsis:
Days before Chad Williams was to report to military duty in Great Lakes, Illinois, he turned on a television and was greeted with the horrifying images of his mentor, US Navy SEAL Scott Helvenston, being brutally murdered in a premeditated ambush on the roads of Fallujah, Iraq. Steeled in his resolve, Chad followed in Scott’s footsteps and completed the US military’s most difficult and grueling training to become a Navy SEAL. One of only 13 from a class of 173 to make it straight through to graduation, Chad served his country on SEAL Teams One and Seven for five years, completing tours of duty in the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Iraq.

Part memoir, part evangelism piece, SEAL of God follows Chad’s journey through the grueling Naval Ops training and onto the streets of Iraq, where he witnessed the horrors of war up close. Along the way, Chad shares his own radical conversion story and talks about how he draws on his own experiences as a SEAL to help others better understand the depths of Christ’s sacrifice and love.


Meet Chad Williams:
A former Navy SEAL, having served his country proudly from 2004-2010.
Now engaged in full-time ministry work, Chad uses the training and experience he gained as a SEAL to help communicate the Gospel to others.
Chad and his wife, Aubrey, live in Huntington Beach, California.

Hear his story


I think the fact that I grew up a military brat and that I am now a military spouse is what initially drew me to pick this book.
This book is an awesome story that reminds us that God can reach anyone, anywhere, even when we think we are immune.
Chad went to church with his parents one night thinking that what the pastor had to say would be a lot of hogwash only to emerge from that service transformed and transfixed on spreading God's word to everyone he encountered.  Through his story we learn how it is easy to be so on fire for the Lord that we push people away and that with practice we can learn to hone our story so that we can be real messengers for God.
I found this book to be an easy read.  Chad did a really good job explaining everything in laymen's terms so that non-military could grasp what he was trying to convey.  
I think this is a great book to give to a teenage boy, a military buff, or any Christian friend who enjoys hearing other's stories.

I hope you have a Blessed Saturday! 

I received this book free from the publishers through the Tyndale House Publishers book review bloggers program.  I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions I have expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." 

No comments:

Post a Comment