I don't normally post on Sunday's.
However, today is a special day.
It is my very 1st Mother's Day and I don't want to forget a moment of it.
Yesterday as we were getting the mail the FedEx truck stopped at our house.
Bud asked me, "Are you expecting anything"?
"No," I replied.
The FedEx driver got out and called my name.
I recognized the box immediately.
As he handed it to me he wished me a Happy Mother's Day.
The ProFlowers box in my hands I questioned out loud, "Who would have sent me flowers"?
(Bud knows that I'd much rather he went to the grocery store and got me flowers than spend too much to have them delivered)
I opened the box and saw the note:
Happy First one...New Mommy! "The Dad"
They were from my Daddy!
Aren't they beautiful!
Last night Bud took over baby duty.
As much as I hate sleeping in a seperate room from him I knew it was a gift.
We said our good nights and as he went into our room I turned and closed the door to the guest room.
I woke briefly at 4:35 am, but quickly dozed back to sleep.
When I woke for good I thought for sure it had to be close to 8am, I grabbed my clock and was shocked to see it was 6:45am.
Apparently, my body is too accustomed to waking early.
I felt rested.
I laid in bed for another 15 minutes.
I heard everyone else was stirring so I went to greet them.
Bud had told me that he had Bitsy duty all day.
I wouldn't have to change a diaper, clean up her messes, or put her down at any point that day.
We all went downstairs and Bud was hard at work whipping up a breakfast fit for me!
Isn't Bitsy ADORABLE!!!
Anyways.
I can't make an omelet.
Period.
Bud...he makes great omelets.
Since we didn't have any lunch meat in the house for him to cut up in the omelets Bud got a little creative....
Bud discovered that we had cheddar brats in the fridge, so he cut those up and put them in my omelet.
Scoff if you will, but it was delicious!
In fact it might get added to our regularly scheduled omelet morning regime.
Who needs ham or turkey in their omelets when you can get cheddar brats?
We attended church and of course the sermon was all about Moms.
Bitsy sang with everyone during worship, but during the sermon she didn't quite grasp that she needed to stop singing.
Bud graciously walked to the back of the 'sanctuary' (our service is held in a middle school) with her and kept her quiet.
After church we took a family photo to commemorate our 1st Mother's Day.
I mean without these 2 I wouldn't be a Mom.
Thank you Bud.
Thank you for being the awesome man that you are.
For being an amazing husband.
Supportive, caring, compassionate, loving, God-fearing, motivated, and inspiring!
I couldn't picture myself with anyone better suited, God knew what he was doing.
Quick story.
Yesterday afternoon Bud turned to me and said, "Okay I need to be honest. I've wracked my brain and I don't know what to get you for Mother's Day". (pssst...I wasn't upset, in fact with our budget as strict as it is I really didn't feel that I needed anything) He then said, "I mean we have so many pictures already and I looked in your craft closet hoping for some inspiration, but I'm just stumped and I kinda ran out of time. I wanted to do something crafty with Bitsy, but didn't know just what".
I love him.
He melts my heart.
Collectively we decided on a small project that he can make for me with each of our little one's (this is planning for the future little ones) footprint.
I'm sure that once we get it done I'll post about it.
It'll be late, but being that I didn't expect anything, it'll be a blessing just the same.
Bitsy, thank you for giving me the best job in the world.
You have brought such joy to your Daddy and I's world!
You will not truly understand how much we love you until you have children of your own, but I hope that as you grow you will know you are loved so very very much.
You are everything I could have ever wanted in a child.
You are smart, funny, adventurous, and loving.
You don't realize it yet, but you are AWESOME!
Your Daddy and Mommy love you.
Thank you for an wonderfully blessed Mother's Day.
I love you.
I wish all the Mommy's out there a VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
I hope you all had a Blessed Sunday!
P.S. During a 'conversation' with Bitsy this afternoon, I informed her that if she is ever stumped as to what to get her Mommy she can always get me a pedicure. I don't need jewelry. I don't need chocolates. I actually don't need anything. But if she wanted to get me something I'd never turn down a pedicure.
That being said, Bud has arranged a pedicure for me this next week.
Did I mention that I love that man?
Thank you Bitsy!






Happy first Mother's Day!! You look STUNNING in the picture of you and Bitsy! Bud is such a rockstar husband. Glad you had a great day!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day! It sounds like it was a great one. Bud and Bitsy did good. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy first Mother's Day! Know what I can't wait for? That first homemade card or really the first homemade anything from my boys. Though technically, Jack made me muffins this morning (Dada only helped stir a little), so I guess I already got it! So glad you have a husband who's understanding & appreciative of your mommyness, don't forget about Father's Day next month!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had what sounds like an amazing first mommy's day!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that your
ReplyDeletefirst Mother's Day
was a happy and
special one! Your
family is beautiful;
yes, Bitsy IS adorable!!!
Just like her mama : )
Hugs,
Suzanne