about family god read it make it contact me

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Baby Diaries #40

I honestly believe that each month flies by faster than the last.
It's already been 4 months since Bitsy graced us with her presence!
 Her new stats are as follows:
Height: 25-1/4" (that's +1/4" from last month) = 93rd Percentile
Weight: 18 lbs and 9 oz (that's up 2 lbs and 3 oz from last month) = 100th Percentile
Head Circumference: 44 cm = 100th Percentile
(P.S. This outfit is sized for a 9 month old...It almost doesn't fit her!)
I love my daughter's pediatrician.
He always addresses any questions I have, he's good at putting us at ease, and he's all about a healthy breastfed baby!
Bitsy had to get more shots this time.
Last time she had to get 3 and it was horrible, she was inconsolable and it broke my heart!
This time there were only 2 shots.
The first one, she only whimpered a little bit.
The second one brought on the waterworks!
But unlike last time, I was able to console her rather rapidly.
I honestly think that it was the 3rd shot last time was what threw her over the edge.
At least we get to go 2 whole months without any shots!
I do wish they would have done her exam prior to the shots as they did the first time.
She didn't want anything to do with her exam after getting pricked.
The doctor did tell us that if we wanted to start her on rice we could, but he said we could wait until we are ready.
I've been thinking that we will wait until she's at least 5 months before we start...it's possible we will wait until Daddy gets home so he can be a part of this stage.
Speaking of Daddy, we Skype with him every couple days and Bitsy knows it's Daddy on the screen.
She watches him and smiles at him more than if he were just a tv character.
I'm so glad that technology allows us this blessing that Daddy can still see and doesn't have to miss TOO much.

One big change in the last month is that Bitsy is now big enough to enjoy her Christmas present!
She can't yet roll from her back to her belly, but on occasion she can roll from her belly to her back.
She is so much more vocal now, which is a hoot!
She still loves television and she smiles at each an every person on the screen.
We are still working on her sleeping in her own bed all night long.
She has been napping in her cradle 1 to 2 times per day. 
2 other naps now happen in her Pack'N'Play and her mid-day nap occurs in the stroller.
She can't seem to stay awake during our daily walks.
She naps a total of about 3 hrs a day and she goes to bed typically around 8pm, 'sleeping' until 7:30am.
She does still wake up 2 times around 2 and 4:30 am for a dream feeding.
I can't believe how quickly she's growing and changing!
I love how her personality is emerging.
I can't wait to look back at this later in her life and see how much she has changed!

I hope you all had a Blessed Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. You know, something I found with both my boys when they have shots, if I pumped a little before hand and gave it to them immediately after they got the shots, it calmed them right on down. I still bring a sippy in of milk for my oldest (2.5) and it still helps. I guess the suckling is calming for the baby and I think my oldest just likes the treat of milk in the middle of the day! Anyway, something I found to be helpful, thought I would mention it!

    ReplyDelete