....no it's a Super Mom!
I think that if you are a Mom you might be able to relate to what I'm about to discuss.
I suffer from ADD Mommy Syndrome.
The symptoms of this include but are not limited to: Memory Loss, Frazzled Appearance, and Manic Cleaning.
I discovered I had ADDMS one afternoon while Bitsy was napping.
As soon as I knew she was out, I hit the ground running.
Literally.
I ran to the kitchen to wash bottles so I would have them for my next pumping session.
While in the kitchen I noticed that the dish rags were really much too dirty so I traded them out for clean ones and promptly ran upstairs to deposit the dirty ones in the laundry.
(Does this remind anyone of the children's book If You Give A Mouse A Cookie?)
(Does this remind anyone of the children's book If You Give A Mouse A Cookie?)
While upstairs the unmade bed caught my eye, so I rushed in there to make it really quickly.
I then had a random thought that reminded me it was time to print off that week's e-mealz menu so I rushed to the office and printed it off.
Only while I was in the office did I discover the dirty glass, old spit rag, and a few other random items that belonged in other areas of the house.
What did I do...I ran around the house yet again depositing all these tiny things into their appropriate locations circling back and forth between rooms manically.
To an outsider I probably looked like the Tasmanian devil cartoon character...but I know to other Mother's I looked normal.
I can't say that this is a daily occurrence, but I know that at least once a week all the tiny things around the house need to be put in their proper locations and nap time seems to be the best time to tackle these minuscule chores.
I'll be back another day to discuss my normal cleaning routine, so Mommies if you are wondering how to make life a little easier I might be able to help...maybe....no promises!
However, Mommies if you thought you were the only one who suffered from ADDMS, I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.
There are many of us.
I'm told it gets better.
I'm told that at some point these little ones entertain themselves!
Could it be true?
Today's post is brought to you by humor.
Laughter is one of the best ways to get through the day, especially as a new Mom!
Everyone tells you your life will change once you have a baby, but until it happens all the forewarning in the world can not properly educate you as to HOW much it will change.
In my short time as a Mom, I've seen how quickly it gets better.
With Bitsy being only 4 months old I already can do more things while she is awake.
Thus nap times can be more me time vs house time.
So breath a sigh of relief.
It'll get better.
And just know that when you're zooming around like a bird? plane? no like a Super Mom! Your doing it all for your family and they are so grateful for you and all you do!
I hope you all had a Blessed Tuesday!

It does get better. Once she starts crawling she'll just follow you all around which will then get her tired for a nice long nap! I apparently gave my brain cells to my sons since I can't remember what I left the room for, thankfully I can still remember to feed and clothe the infants, their vocalization helps that though.
ReplyDeleteYou are so cute!
ReplyDeleteAnd so right!
I wish I could say
that I've stopped
rushing, but my days
still seemed to be
filled with ADDMS : )
But I'm grateful for
it, because it means
that I have a family.
Love & Hugs,
xx Suzanne