I know I can't be the only one.
It seems like everyone I know was born with this ability.
The ability to keep plants alive!
Well I was born with the exact opposite.
Seriously, it goes so far as to say that when Bud's Grandmother passed away a few years back we were sent home with plants from her funeral.
I tried to get out of it, but we were the only ones left and well...needless to say we don't have either of the plants we took anymore.
Despite this fact though, I try every year to cultivate my black thumb.
This year is no different.
While at Target a few weeks ago I saw these:
And with a price like this I couldn't pass them up!
I mean seriously 70% off!
I bought 2 of each.
Worse case scenario I have 4 red planting pots to turn into something else.
I easily could have paid that much for just the pots alone!
So I followed the instructions on each.
They came with this dirt pellet thing.
I placed it in the bottom of the container...
Added the required amount of water.
Waited the 15 minutes for it to absorb
Then 'stirred'.
Next, I got to plant the bulbs evenly spaced and leaving 1/3 of the bulb exposed.
After all of that I had to put them in a cool dark location for 1 week so the roots could get established.
As of today they are still alive.
I've removed them from the garage.
And they have even sat on the front porch a couple times.
(We've had a few days of 65-70 degree weather)
I'm hopeful that I will see these bad boys bloom!
If I am so lucky, my goal is to plant them by the mailbox for next year.
I'm hopeful they will bloom again on their own and begin multiplying.
Bulbs do that you know...they duplicate!
It's pretty awesome :)
Here's to hoping my black thumb doesn't kill these flowers.
I'm hopeful that if I can show the hubby that I can successful grow something that he'll let me get a couple of these:
![]() |
| Pinned Here |
![]() |
| Pinned Here Wouldn't it be so yummy to have fresh produce this summer? We live in a rental so I don't think growing a traditional garden would work, but these growing bags seem pretty awesome!Good prices too!So tell me, what are your growing secrets?Do any of you suffer from the 'Black Thumb' epidemic? |
I hope you had a Blessed Monday!





Well, I worked at a wholesale nursery for many years, so this is hard to admit, but I most certainly have a black thumb when it comes to indoor plants. If it's in a pot, it's gonna die. Yet people still try to give me potted plants. I do all right with plants that are in the ground though. My mom has a super green thumb, in all areas, and I grew up playing and helping with all the many gardens she made. I love a good garden! Can't wait to own a house again and make some for my boys to tramp through. :-)
ReplyDeleteI likey your flower kits! What a steal!!
ReplyDeleteMy best secret? Let my hubby take the reins on our garden lol! I just water it when he tells me to!:) I usually do flowers on the porch and they thrive for awhile until I forget to water them a few too many days in a row and then they're done. Luckily Jason enjoys keeping up with a garden and ours seems to grow quite a bit every year which is great since I love home grown produce--especially love knowing where our food is coming from, that its not covered in chemicals and the taste cant be beat!