about family god read it make it contact me

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Basic Ginger Chicken w/ Couscous & Pears

That's what we had for dinner last night?
Now let me show you how to whip it up for yourself!
This recipe is a low fat meal for two so adjust accordingly.

Ingredients:
1/2 lb chicken breast tenders
1/3 cup FF Balsamic vinaigrette (psst...I forgot to get this when I went grocery shopping, so we used the sun-dried tomato vinaigrette we already had in the house--turned out just as good)
2-3 carrots, sliced
2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 box couscous (we opted for the parmesan flavored one)
2 pears

Instructions:
Saute chicken w/ FF cooking spray
adding 1/2 of the dressing
5 minutes on each side.
Then set chicken aside.
Add carrots, ginger and garlic to pan and saute 5 minutes.
Add remaining dressing and cook for 2 more minutes.
In the process cook couscous according to directions on box.
It only takes about 7-10 minutes from start to finish for the couscous.

Serve w/ chicken over cooked couscous.
Pears on the side.
Just another healthy dinner that will gets your taste buds jumping for joy!
I'm off to try to finish up Bud's B-day present and take care of my sick Pup.
Hope you all have a Blessed Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. mmmmm! I dont know if I could get my picky eater of a hubby to go for it but it sure looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious!!! I may have to make that!!

    ReplyDelete