We slept in.
We ate breakfast.
We cuddled on the couch...
and we watched church live from home.
Then in a whirlwind, Bud made a quick ROTC call and rushed out the door for his planned caving trip!
I don't know much about caving...but he was excited and I was excited about what that meant for me.
| Tackling 2 projects on my To-Do list! |
He had been complaining about not being able to find things in his bookbag and asked me to pick one up at the store for him.
Lucky for him I just found this tutorial.
This was my first project of the day and 30 minutes later it was done!
| Not too bad! My first time dealing with a zipper! |
Before starting my second and hardest project I decided it was time for Breakfast round 2 (aka lunch)
Here is a little secret, on making scrambled eggs, that I learned from my mother in law...
| 3 eggs...I like to add about a Tablespoon of milk to make them fluffy |
![]() |
| My mother-in-laws secret: Chicken broth granules about 1/2 a Tablespoon & I guarantee you'll never have to salt your eggs again! |
| Add a few pieces of whole wheat toast w/ Butter & Raspberry preserves and you've got a yummy Breakfast for lunch! |
I mentioned before I'm in 2 weddings (June 4th & June 11th).
One of my brides asked me to keep my eyes peeled for a Ring Bearer's Pillow very similar to the following:
![]() |
| found here |
The pillow, not the price, was exactly what she wanted except she wanted a brown ribbon.
Her colors are Light Pink & Chocolate with Ivory.
So I asked if she would mind if I took a stab at it, I told her if she didn't like it or if it didn't work (because I've never sewn satin before & I'm a new seamstress) my feelings wouldn't be hurt and we would keep looking.
So here it is.....almost complete:
| We still need to get a big Pink Rose, a smaller ribbon & some bling to finish this off. What do you all think? |
The satin wasn't as bad as I anticipated.
But this was a fairly easy project and I allowed myself about a 1/2" seam allowance.
If you have any suggestions/tips for future satin sewing please share!
Later this afternoon we had a little visitor playing on our fence line.
| He just kept scampering back and forth! |
| I wish I could have gotten my other lens on a bit faster so I could have captured so close-ups. Oh well! He was funny! |
Okay I didn't really paint anything of real significance...
| I think feet are gross. But because I think that, I ALWAYS have my toes painted. Except that I slacked for a while and it was BAD! So now they are a fresh reminder that Spring is around the corner! |
Feel free to stop by my church soon and listen to past messages!
I hope you all had a Blessed Sunday!
I hope you all had a Blessed Sunday!



Love the pillow...Hobby Lobby always has really pretty flowers, and some with bling already in the center! And you can get them half off per stem, they are usually on sale every other week :)
ReplyDeleteThe pillow is ADORABLE!!! I can't believe you are a new sewer!!
ReplyDeleteLiz the pillow is so cute!! And DE Loved it!!!
ReplyDeleteThe pillow is great! And those eggs -- hungry now!
ReplyDeleteA pedicure is a must at all times, girl! I totally agree! Speaking of - I need to take care of that NOW :-)
ReplyDelete