about family god read it make it contact me

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Become

that is my word for 2011.
Here are a few things I will become this year....
An Officer's wife.
A North Carolinian resident.
A better seamstress/quilter/crafter.
A better cook.
A better cleaner.
A housewife (yeah to eventually not having to work outside of the home!)
I will become many things this year and I am so excited for all that is in store for Bud & I!
What does 2011 have in store for you?
------------------------------------------------
This is how most of my Saturday was spent (working on being a better seamstress)
Coffee, sewing machine, and my DVR!
I have to admit though after hours of sewing today, I hit a few snags.
I broke my walking foot & 2 needles!!!
I think I need to learn how to clean out my sewing machine.
Anyone know of a good tutorial on that?
------------------------------------------------
And here is what we had for dinner (working on being a better cook!)
This is a low-fat meal for 2 so adjust accordingly.

Ingredients:
2 Medium Baking Potatoes
1 container of Fat Free plain Greek Yogurt
2 green onions, chopped
2 cans of chunk chicken breast in water (the recipe calls for 1/2lb of chicken breast cooked & shredded, but this took less time for me so whichever you prefer)
BBQ sauce (your favorite kind)
1/4 cup Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese

1 small broccoli crown
corn on the cob

Directions:
Fork your potatoes and microwave
10 min, turning after 5.
Mix together yogurt & green onions
Microwave chicken w/ BBQ to heat through
Boil corn and pat w/ Fat Free Promise
Steam broccoli
Slice potatoes and top with yogurt mixture, chicken, & cheese
This whole meal takes less than 20 minutes to prepare and was a smashing success with my Hubby!

Bud & I are off to go 2-stepping so I hope you are all having a Blessed Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks delish! My sister and Her husband reside in Jacksonville, NC. He is a marine, they love how beautiful it is there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the word, and how you have already put it into action!

    ReplyDelete