I typed this verse a few hours ago and I honestly got stuck when I considered where to go with it.
I Googled Ephesians hoping to find some direction, but nothing I read really jumped out at me today.
I did learn that Ephesians 4:1-6:20 in a section Paul wrote about a Christians Conduct.
According to this, Ephesians 5:1-2 comes from the section regarding Christians Conduct called Walking in Love.
Do you walk in love?
I know I try to.
I know that certain days I fail miserably.
I am not perfect, not that I have claimed to be.
But as of recently walking in love is something I have been contemplating rather heavily.
I was burnt by a friend recently and I can't wrap my mind around it.
I am having a hard time remembering how to walk in love when I am around her.
My heart had been hardened.
But last night in my small group I mentioned my saddened heart and another group member read the following verse:
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy'. But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and send the rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get. Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect". Matthew 5:43-48
Here is my answer.
This friend who hurt me, how am I supposed to treat her?
I am supposed to love her.
I can pray for her.
And it means that no matter what our friendship status is, I must continue to love her as God loves us.
Try to remember to walk in love this weekend.
Try to say, "Hello" to someone you don't know.
Pray for someone who has hurt you and pray for your hearts that God may soften them.
-------------------------------------------------------
On another note I won an award today!
Jennifer awarded me the trendy blog award!
I feel so honored!
If you don't know Jennifer you should definitely check her out.
She is amazingly talented with a sewing machine and makes some of the cutest outfits for little ones here.
To accept, I must pass this award along to ten other trendy bloggers.
Check each of these ladies out!
Jill at A pocket full of posies
Annaliese at Aesthetic Nest
Katie at Articles from Addington
Katie from Kidwell Klan
Lil Mrs Nelson at Lil' Nelson Family!
The Dreaming Bear at The time to be happy is now
Tara at Tara Being Tara
Ashley at A blonde's DIY life
Cheri at I am momma hear me roar
Congratulations!
Have a Blessed Friday


Aww...thanks! You really deserve it. I love your blog. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteThanks Liz!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your award and thank you for passing it on to me!
ReplyDeleteAwwww....thanks for passing the award! That's so sweet!!!! Have a great weekend! -D
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm so glad that I found your blog this week. Thanks so much for passing it along to me - you just made my weekend :-)
ReplyDeletePopping over to
ReplyDeletesay thank you,
again, Biz, for
the yummy handmade
scarf that you made
me while I was
recovering from flu!
There is love, warmth
and friendship in every
stitch. Loved your
Bible quote. It is
very difficult when
your heart has been
hardened towards someone.
You are very wise beyond
your years. Congrats
on your award; I'm going
to go visit these blogs.
Hope you are enjoying
a wonderful weekend!
xx Suzanne
PS: That Cappy has
the best dog smile : )